This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

#261tonyalmaedaPosted 11/28/2012 8:47:50 PM
"His reading comprehension was just fine.

Why didn't you just say "1 year?""

Exactly, dude knows what he was doing. You dont round up to 2 years when you are A LITTLE over 1 year. You dont even say a year and a half yet.

Nov 2005 to Nov 06 is 1 year period. Unless you have the exact days.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#262GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/29/2012 9:47:51 PM
A. Sony had system errors, too.
B. Sony had the Japanese marketed for next gen systems, uncontested thanks to xenophobic otaku and their casual market being uninterested in something that didn't support blurays.
C. Most RRoD boxes were replaced for free, and those that weren't just speaks to the quality of the brand when people were willing to pay for another.
D. This late in the game, finally catching up in install base means nothing. In game sales, they're long crushed.

This gen, Nintendo > M$ > Sony. Deal.

Next gen? WiiU is NOT gonna come out on top, and the PS4 will either be a halfassed cash grab or a bold last hurrah by a Sony who is currently hemorrhaging money. Things'll be a tad more interesting, I think.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#263SadCubsFanPosted 11/29/2012 9:49:07 PM
360 still wins though. more software sales and sony took big losses on their ps3 sales
#264kuhnePosted 11/29/2012 11:42:07 PM
Wow, lots of butthurt people in here, just face the facts, the PS3 is the superior console, less prone to failing. I am on my one and only ps3 bought in xmas 2006, I am on my third xbox 360, first one purchased xmas 2005. I like the PS3 more than the xbox in pretty much every way, except that the xbox does have some exclusives, like mass effect, that make it worth having.

As much as I like the PS3 more than the xbox, I did buy 3 xbox 360 consoles and just 1 ps3.. so I alone gave more to microsoft due to all the BS red rings or system freezes and what not (its microsoft after all) so I would like to know how many of those 70 million xboxs have been replacements.

Anyway, lots of butthurt people in here, the Wii clearly owned this generation as far as sales, Sony clearly owned the generation as far as having the most cutting edge console (bluray helps) and microsoft owned the generation as far as great exclusive titles and downloadable content.

Yet, all three consoles had their fair share of ridiculously awesome games. The Xbox 360 had Mass Effect 1, easily one of the best games I have ever played and way better than both it's sequels which were a bit of a dissapointment.

The PS3 had uncharted, metal gear solid 4 and a bunch of other games that were really good but in all honesty, not as good as mass effect 1.

The Wii had Twilight Princess and more recently Xenoblade Chronicles, which is easily one of the best games ever.
#265mcsmellingtonPosted 11/30/2012 12:04:20 AM
kuhne posted...
Wow, lots of butthurt people in here, just face the facts, the PS3 is the superior console, less prone to failing. I am on my one and only ps3 bought in xmas 2006, I am on my third xbox 360, first one purchased xmas 2005. I like the PS3 more than the xbox in pretty much every way, except that the xbox does have some exclusives, like mass effect, that make it worth having.

As much as I like the PS3 more than the xbox, I did buy 3 xbox 360 consoles and just 1 ps3.. so I alone gave more to microsoft due to all the BS red rings or system freezes and what not (its microsoft after all) so I would like to know how many of those 70 million xboxs have been replacements.

Anyway, lots of butthurt people in here, the Wii clearly owned this generation as far as sales, Sony clearly owned the generation as far as having the most cutting edge console (bluray helps) and microsoft owned the generation as far as great exclusive titles and downloadable content.

Yet, all three consoles had their fair share of ridiculously awesome games. The Xbox 360 had Mass Effect 1, easily one of the best games I have ever played and way better than both it's sequels which were a bit of a dissapointment.

The PS3 had uncharted, metal gear solid 4 and a bunch of other games that were really good but in all honesty, not as good as mass effect 1.

The Wii had Twilight Princess and more recently Xenoblade Chronicles, which is easily one of the best games ever.

Personally I'd say it's down to software. Both MS and Sony have some great exclusives, but having bought a PS3 last Xmas, the Sony exclusives arent really as good as the fanboys will have you believe. A lot of the series everyone goes on about (Infamous, Resistance, Killzone) are actually pretty crap.

So with them not being all they're cracked up to be, I'd say the Xbox and PS3 are both more or less at level pegging for exclusives, which leaves multiplats. And obviously the PS3 isn't going to win there. I try and avoid buying multiplats for the PS3 if I can help it, as there's always some sort of bug or glitch not found in the 360 game, or failing that there'll be a ton of updates to download straight off the bat.
---
GT: McPoo
#266The_ConjuringPosted 11/30/2012 12:04:36 AM
uh even the psp has still outsold the 360 right now. i recently had my xbox 360 stolen from my dormroom and even though I'm still angry about it, all i was saying was at least it wasn't my ps3. the guy was arrested anyway
#267UniversquallPosted 11/30/2012 12:27:02 AM
GreatTroySensei posted...
A. Sony had system errors, too.
B. Sony had the Japanese marketed for next gen systems, uncontested thanks to xenophobic otaku and their casual market being uninterested in something that didn't support blurays.
C. Most RRoD boxes were replaced for free, and those that weren't just speaks to the quality of the brand when people were willing to pay for another.
D. This late in the game, finally catching up in install base means nothing. In game sales, they're long crushed.

This gen, Nintendo > M$ > Sony. Deal.

Next gen? WiiU is NOT gonna come out on top, and the PS4 will either be a halfassed cash grab or a bold last hurrah by a Sony who is currently hemorrhaging money. Things'll be a tad more interesting, I think.

lol
---
After the Fallout
#268GatxStrikeAegisPosted 11/30/2012 12:43:59 AM
kuhne posted...

^This

And I agree with infamous or killzone not as good as X360 exclusives like gears or halo, but PS3 has uncharted and MGS. Uncharted I think on par with halo and gears, but MGS beats halo, gears and even ME1
#269Infinite_OceanPosted 11/30/2012 12:50:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]