This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

#31XeonexFlashPosted 11/28/2012 12:19:26 AM
21-12-12 approaching fast and furious
---
A higher-dimensional entity can shatter your consciousness field with its emotions alone, causing you to experience eternal blackness with no sense of time. -X
#32LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 12:22:40 AM
Anyone really thought that the PS3 would end up not being Number 1?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#33WhyGeeGeePosted 11/28/2012 12:38:34 AM
United States sales figures
1.Wii 30 million as of 10 August 2010[58]
2.Xbox 360 18.6 million as of 31 December 2009[59]
3.PlayStation 3 - nearly 12 million as of 14 April 2010[

Only USA matters.
#34rofflchopperPosted 11/28/2012 12:46:02 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
Yes, but xbox just sold 700,000 units over the weekend and Sony only sold 376,478 units over the week. It's neck and neck at this point, but even if Sony overtakes the xbox 360 -- Will anyone ever really acknowledge that they won this gen?

Xbox was released almost 2 years ahead of PS3 so yeah PS3 won

Won what? Second?
lol. You guys are ridiculous. I'm sure Bill Gates is sitting on his stacks of money laughing at the people saying 360 ''lost''.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#35killakPosted 11/28/2012 12:54:04 AM
wasn't expecting a wikipedia link.

lol.

But seriously, look at how much the PS2 sold vs the Xbox, and then the 360 vs the PS3.

PS3 did well to regain ground and get it's reputation back in check, but the true accomplishment this gen is Microsoft's 360 and to a lesser extent, the shock sales of the Wii.

Seriously, had MS not stumbled on exclusives and got more of a suite of developers going, the end result would've been substantially different. Look at the facts: They took a flatout failure of a console (minus Halo), and turned it into a dominant player in a single generation, despite the bad taste that Xbox would've left in people's mouths.

The only thing that matches that is Sony's gaming debut in which they really showed the industry what gamers want. The PS2 hit the ground running and the PS3 was like a ferrari with a broken starter motor.

I personally believed that Sony were going to smash this gen to pieces with the inclusion of blu-ray and the potential it has, and instead they've just managed to match sales with a console with f*** all first party exclusives, a high initial failure rate and the successor to an overpriced console with a gigantic controller
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#36redsinglePosted 11/28/2012 1:05:31 AM

lol.

But seriously, look at how much the PS2 sold vs the Xbox, and then the 360 vs the PS3.

PS3 did well to regain ground and get it's reputation back in check, but the true accomplishment this gen is Microsoft's 360 and to a lesser extent, the shock sales of the Wii.

Seriously, had MS not stumbled on exclusives and got more of a suite of developers going, the end result would've been substantially different. Look at the facts: They took a flatout failure of a console (minus Halo), and turned it into a dominant player in a single generation, despite the bad taste that Xbox would've left in people's mouths.

The only thing that matches that is Sony's gaming debut in which they really showed the industry what gamers want. The PS2 hit the ground running and the PS3 was like a ferrari with a broken starter motor.

I personally believed that Sony were going to smash this gen to pieces with the inclusion of blu-ray and the potential it has, and instead they've just managed to match sales with a console with f*** all first party exclusives, a high initial failure rate and the successor to an overpriced console with a gigantic controller

What really hurt Sony was the price and loss of exclusive third party for Sony. If Sony was able to launch the PS3 at a $400 price point as well as third party exclusives or earlier release they would've still came in 2nd. This gen was won by Nintendo capturing the casual audience.
---
Windows 7 32bit | E5200 @ 3.83ghz | 1TB HD | XFX 9800GT | 2GB RAM | PSN: Ferociouscorpion | PSWii | PSP | 3DS | PS Vita
#37DevilStriderPosted 11/28/2012 1:05:56 AM
Microsoft announced that more than 750,000 units of Xbox 360 consoles were sold in US during the black Friday week from Nov 18 - 23. In addition, more than 14 million users accessed Xbox Live worldwide on the Thanksgiving Sunday on 25th.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#38JONlCSPosted 11/28/2012 1:09:38 AM
United States sales figures
1.Wii 30 million as of 10 August 2010[58]
2.Xbox 360 18.6 million as of 31 December 2009[59]
3.PlayStation 3 - nearly 12 million as of 14 April 2010[

Only USA matters.

MURICA F*** YEAH
---
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/JawnixPSboy/oie_2533625deZ8fqDP.jpg
#39SophisticationPosted 11/28/2012 1:10:08 AM
redsingle posted...

lol.

What really hurt Sony was the price and loss of exclusive third party for Sony. If Sony was able to launch the PS3 at a $400 price point as well as third party exclusives or earlier release they would've still came in 2nd. This gen was won by Nintendo capturing the casual audience.

I find it cute that you actually think Nintendo is in the same league as Sony and Microsoft... It's like comparing sales of Pepsi and Coke to RC Cola -- sure it's there, it's on the market, you can buy it... but the real competition is between Coke and Pepsi.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#40JONlCSPosted 11/28/2012 1:10:58 AM
ew, rc cola
---
http://i.imgur.com/cBQMs.jpg