This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

#51Marnex15Posted 11/28/2012 2:53:26 AM
"lolol deh tuy i lke iz bettor and suld more dan yurs lolololo"

"no dah 1 i liek suld moar nd iz betur lolol"

Console wars in a nutshell.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#52GreenMage7Posted 11/28/2012 3:05:02 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
And yet Sony is going broke. LOL

Yes, the XBox 360 has completely destroyed the Playstation 3 in software sales, digital sales, and all of the money being raked in by XBox Live. It's too bad a lot of the people who bought a PS3 got like two games and then used it as a Blu Ray movie player or dust collector.

Even Nintendo pretty much got destroyed in software sales. They had gigantic sales of specific first party titles and Just Dance games, and basically nothing else.

It's too bad it would be better if Sony had been more competitive all around and not just in hardware sales that make the company almost no money, competition is one of the things that makes gaming awesome. All of these companies constantly trying to one up each other is good for us. Hate to lose one. Hopefully they bounce back with the PS4.
#53stawg007Posted 11/28/2012 3:15:40 AM
What's sad is how badly Sony dominated last gen and now are struggling to keep up with MS

Whether Sony ends up selling more than MS doesn't matter anymore because it's MS and Nintendo that have been amazingly successful this gen, unlike Sony who have fallen considerably

And like others have said tge 360 is still likely ahead since that 70 million number came out a while back

Poor ps3 fanboys
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#54morphinapgPosted 11/28/2012 3:28:32 AM(edited)
People don't seem to understand. PS3 has been highly successful regardless of being in last place most of this generation. Being in last place doesn't make you unsuccessful or failing. And lol at some 360 fanboys still using the "nogaemz" argument. Every console has no games in its first year, when that argument came out. That argument has been invalid for a long time though, and Sony makes huge profits on PS3 games, and even more so on PSN. Considering the PS3 has been more expensive than 360, and has been making profits most of this generation, and has had less failures, Sony has most likely made more profit than MS this gen. Not to mention Blu-ray sales, which Sony takes a cut of, and the PS3 was almost directly responsible for Blu-ray's success.
#55BikeaLossPosted 11/28/2012 3:43:13 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
Even Nintendo pretty much got destroyed in software sales.

Lol, fantasy writer.

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_3/ZUJHD.png
#56rexne1Posted 11/28/2012 3:45:00 AM
You guys know Sony count all the PS3's they gave away for free with TV purchases as "sales" right?
#57hotgamerPosted 11/28/2012 4:11:28 AM
It's funny people say the ps3 has no games when the 360 is actually the one who has no game.

The 360 hardware is inferior, the 360 exclusives are of inferior quality compared to the ps3 exclusives. Live is just as good as PSN, except you actually have to pay for this (hahaha).

The only thing the 360 has going for itself is the multiplatforms look better. Oh wait, now these days, they don't, they're the same on both consoles. They just looked better on 360 at first because devs were lazy.

Now that the ps3 has caught up to the 360, they won. The Ps3 will just continue to get ahead and ahead until the 360 get buried.

Face it, the PS3 won and you guys lost, time to accept it.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#58Battleship_GrayPosted 11/28/2012 4:13:54 AM
It is mildly interesting that this level of dumbassery still persists on both sides after so many years.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#59killakPosted 11/28/2012 4:18:00 AM
It is mildly interesting that this level of dumbassery still persists on both sides after so many years.

I hate that there are posts that actually try to discuss it at face value. Everyone can see them. But both sides need to come in and take stabs at each other regardless.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#60zerooo0Posted 11/28/2012 4:23:01 AM
This is actually an embarrassment for Sony. I mean their last console sold 150Mill. The PS3 is only at 70mill which is sad compared to last gen. Not to mention that they're in the severe debt.

While MS going out in Profits this gen.

But no, Sony fanboys let just ignore facts, and pat ourselves on the back for finally beating a console that took like 2-3yrs to catch up to.

This is coming from a guy that loves Sony also.

Oh yea, to the guy that said the Xbox has no games/exclusives. The Xbox actually has more than the PS3. Some good ones I can think of right off the bat.....Halo,Forza,Gears,Minecraft(Console Exclusive),The Witcher 2(Console Exclusive so it counts in Console Market, but not in the PC), Lost Odyssey, PGR, Trials Evolution, and more. Not to mention XBLA is really pumping out great games.

I love both consoles, but it's foolish/ignorant to think that both consoles don't have their own respective games.
---
If Sony copied Smash Bros. Then Nintendo copied Sony.& MS with HD. I love all 3 companies for games.