This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry part 2

#1toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 11:26:56 PM
I can't believe I made a 500 post topic.

I been using this site since I'm 12 years old on old accounts and never done that. This proves I'm right. I'm finally right.

Anyway I believe western developers and publishers are ruining the video game industry with their influences.
#2toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:28:06 PM
sirtonne posted...
When I think of Japanese games, I think of Mario, Link, Cloud, Crono, Moogles, Snake, Ryu, Ken, and on and on. So many memorable characters and creative fantasy worlds.

When I think of Western games, I think of faceless soldiers and generic men with guns, Tolkien ripoffs and lots of browngrey. I really want to like more Western games, but the lack of creativity and variety just bores me with most games.
#3spectermaster14Posted 11/27/2012 11:41:53 PM
sirtonne posted...
When I think of Japanese games, I think of Mario, Link, Cloud, Crono, Moogles, Snake, Ryu, Ken, and on and on. So many memorable characters and creative fantasy worlds.

When I think of Western games, I think of faceless soldiers and generic men with guns, Tolkien ripoffs and lots of browngrey. I really want to like more Western games, but the lack of creativity and variety just bores me with most games.

(Stealing my post in the last thread that was ignored by the dimwits)

We must've grown up with different games, because when I think of western developers I think of...

Ratchet and Clank,
Jak and Daxter,
Crash,
Spyro,
the Prince (Sands of Time's version, but I have fond memories of the SNES era Prince),
Banjo and Kazooie,
Conker,
Guybrush Threepwood,
Sam and Max,
Rayman,
Toejam and Earl,
Scorpion and Subzero...

That's off the top of my head and only from older games. If we start jumping into this gen and last? You'd have to be the most ignorant poster on this site - and granted, PS3 board so you're gonna get plenty of people agreeing with anything this dumb - to post something like this.
#4Bat178Posted 11/28/2012 12:01:46 AM(edited)
spectermaster14 posted...
sirtonne posted...

(Stealing my post in the last thread that was ignored by the dimwits)

We must've grown up with different games, because when I think of western developers I think of...

Ratchet and Clank,
Jak and Daxter,
Crash,
Spyro,
the Prince (Sands of Time's version, but I have fond memories of the SNES era Prince),
Banjo and Kazooie,
Conker,
Guybrush Threepwood,
Sam and Max,
Rayman,
Toejam and Earl,
Scorpion and Subzero...

That's off the top of my head and only from older games. If we start jumping into this gen and last? You'd have to be the most ignorant poster on this site - and granted, PS3 board so you're gonna get plenty of people agreeing with anything this dumb - to post something like this.

Most of those games are made in Europe. European games are generally better than modern American ones. Some of the old American ones you mentioned like Crash are good too. The casuals are to blame for most American games being gritty, militaristic, browngrey FPSs these days. Before the casuals came and bought Call Of Duty like it is the bible, American games were generally better than they are now, like the ones you mentioned which came out before Call of Duty.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#5spectermaster14Posted 11/28/2012 12:01:04 AM

Most of those games are made in Europe. European games are generally better than American ones.

First of all, no. We've got two French IPs (Actually, PoP itself is American, but I wanna say Ubi-Montreal handled SoT) and two British. Naughty Dog, LucasArts, the Toejam and Earl team, and Midway/Netherealm are American. Secondly, when did Europe split off from the rest of western civilization? This **** is why this argument is pointless. Trolls start it, then people like this actually agree with them.
#6Bat178Posted 11/28/2012 12:05:36 AM(edited)
I edited my post because I realized I left something out. The casuals are mainly to blame for most American games turning into generic militaristic, browngrey, gritty FPSs. Before that, most of them use to be better, like the ones you mentioned (Crash, Spyro, etc.).
---
#7spectermaster14Posted 11/28/2012 12:22:59 AM
I edited my post because I realized I left something out. The casuals are mainly to blame for most American games turning into generic militaristic, browngrey, gritty FPSs. Before that, most of them use to be better, like the ones you mentioned (Crash, Spyro, etc.).

Oh, you want new original stuff? Well Hell, that's honestly easier what with all the indie titles and PSN/XBLA releases these days. Out of stuff I've personally played... (Won't include Limbo, Braid, Bastion or the other bigger stuff, I haven't gotten around to playing them.)

Super Meat Boy,
Rock of Ages,
Shank,
Zeno Clash,
'Splosion Man,
Comic Jumper,
Beyond Good and Evil (Last gen, but I'm counting it, mostly because I forgot to mention it in the last post),
Oddword (See above),
The Maw,
Alien Hominid,
Castle Crashers,
Outland,
Trials,
Mirror's Edge,
Toy Soldiers,
Assassin's Creed,
The Darkness,
Prey (Would be nice if Prey 2 would happen, it's more out there than the original),
Psychonauts,
Portal,
Portal 2,
Quantum Conundrum,
LittleBigPlanet,
Alice and Alice: Madness Returns,
The Walking Dead,
inFamous,
Fat Princess,
Joe Danger...

There are obviously more, it's not hard to find non-brown, non-shooter games these days. You wouldn't think that based on the ramblings of introverted elitists on the internet, but you'd be surprised by what actually looking for games to play will do for you. Granted, all this is pointless, we know how these threads go. I just wanna put some stuff out there before the rest of your kind crawl in.
#8alucard7Posted 11/28/2012 12:39:03 AM
And the weaboo trail of tears continues...
#9Bat178Posted 11/28/2012 12:49:50 AM
Ahh, Oddworld, I still love that series.
---
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 11/28/2012 12:52:11 AM
alucard7 posted...
And the weaboo trail of tears continues...

Stop throwing that insult word around. Back in the NES,SMS,GEN/SNES/PS1/SAT days (if you were even around then) you and everyone else were buying Japanese games without demeaning them or anyone buying them.
People like the games that come from there it doesn't make them a 'weeaboo'. Learn the phrase. Also, there's plenty of idiot trolls here that will demean anything these days just because it comes from 'Japan' which is stupid. What does that make them. Americboos?
Enough with the stupid names. Should be banned.
One of the most respected games to me that came out this year was Sleeping Dogs and thats not a Japanese game. Might also eventually pick up Hitman.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)