This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for ratchet and clank A4O?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why the hate for ratchet and clank A4O?

User Info: KoopaKingJr87

4 years ago#1
Ratchet and clank all 4 one was the first in the series I played and while I've recently played the ps2 collection, I can't see why everyone hates on all 4 one. It's a solid game with great co-op, especially with family or couples. It has great weapons, looks good, and online works well for me.

What about it is supposedly so terrible?
This Generation isn't bad. you're just getting old.

User Info: ShadianVise

4 years ago#2
The first game you play is usually looked at fondly regardless of how it fares against others in the series or genre. I have a friend who insists Deadlocked is a worthwhile entry in the series for the same reason.

I don't get an official opinion, of course, as I haven't played A4O, I'm just pointing out a pattern I've noticed.
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.

User Info: Wario_man

4 years ago#3
Because it isn't a Ratchet and Clank game.
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.

User Info: Sophistication

4 years ago#4
The saddest part here, many people feel it flopped -- Myself included. But it didn't... It actually sold 1.3 million units world wide and that's not even counting the digital sales. This means we could very well get a much unwanted diversionary sequel instead of a real game next time... "slaps forehead"
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.

User Info: FiendingHard

4 years ago#5
People hated A4O because it messed with the formula, a formula that was perfect to begin with. Crack in Time had just the right amount of changes and innovations while still remaining a true R&C game.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3

User Info: silly_sausage

4 years ago#6
I prefer to think of it as a spin-off, a party game, incomparable to the regular entries, the real, canon titles. It helps me hate it a little less.
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann

User Info: OldManTrafford

4 years ago#7
Being a huge R&C fan I picked up the game recently from the PS+ thing and I was left disappointed. I've started playing Crysis 2 instead. Maybe if I played it with a friend it would be better but I only have one controller -_-
PSN - OldManTrafford

User Info: Guts_Leonheart

4 years ago#8
Ratchet is dead:

User Info: zooknut

4 years ago#9
a4o was good for the multiplayer but the campaign was boring compared to cit and tod imo

User Info: Benzychenz

4 years ago#10
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Ratchet is dead:

Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked weren't single player only.
I don't have a sig
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why the hate for ratchet and clank A4O?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived