This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for ratchet and clank A4O?

#1KoopaKingJr87Posted 11/27/2012 11:42:18 PM
Ratchet and clank all 4 one was the first in the series I played and while I've recently played the ps2 collection, I can't see why everyone hates on all 4 one. It's a solid game with great co-op, especially with family or couples. It has great weapons, looks good, and online works well for me.

What about it is supposedly so terrible?
---
This Generation isn't bad. you're just getting old.
#2ShadianVisePosted 11/27/2012 11:54:58 PM
The first game you play is usually looked at fondly regardless of how it fares against others in the series or genre. I have a friend who insists Deadlocked is a worthwhile entry in the series for the same reason.

I don't get an official opinion, of course, as I haven't played A4O, I'm just pointing out a pattern I've noticed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.
#3Wario_manPosted 11/28/2012 12:09:14 AM
Because it isn't a Ratchet and Clank game.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#4SophisticationPosted 11/28/2012 12:13:30 AM
The saddest part here, many people feel it flopped -- Myself included. But it didn't... It actually sold 1.3 million units world wide and that's not even counting the digital sales. This means we could very well get a much unwanted diversionary sequel instead of a real game next time... "slaps forehead"
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#5FiendingHardPosted 11/28/2012 12:21:52 AM
People hated A4O because it messed with the formula, a formula that was perfect to begin with. Crack in Time had just the right amount of changes and innovations while still remaining a true R&C game.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3
#6silly_sausagePosted 11/28/2012 2:29:10 AM
I prefer to think of it as a spin-off, a party game, incomparable to the regular entries, the real, canon titles. It helps me hate it a little less.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#7OldManTraffordPosted 11/28/2012 2:37:51 AM
Being a huge R&C fan I picked up the game recently from the PS+ thing and I was left disappointed. I've started playing Crysis 2 instead. Maybe if I played it with a friend it would be better but I only have one controller -_-
---
PSN - OldManTrafford
#8Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/28/2012 3:22:23 AM
Ratchet is dead:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/insomniac-games-is-finished-making-single-player-only-games/
#9zooknutPosted 11/28/2012 3:24:54 AM
a4o was good for the multiplayer but the campaign was boring compared to cit and tod imo
#10BenzychenzPosted 11/28/2012 6:09:44 AM
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Ratchet is dead:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/insomniac-games-is-finished-making-single-player-only-games/

Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked weren't single player only.
---
I don't have a sig