This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

reality check, PS3 gamers. it takes about $40,000 to patch PS3 games.

#11AnonUnknownPosted 11/28/2012 11:56:27 AM
NOW i understand what the Fez developers were talking about.
#12RayconPosted 11/28/2012 11:58:25 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Video_Game_Czar posted...
FUN FACT: If they weren't lazy jag offs and play tested their games, They won't need to patch them post-launch.

That was neither fun nor a fact; mostly conjecture actually.

Software (not just games) ship with bugs all the time.

The issue is that there are project constraints including meeting budget and schedules that often result in deferral of said bugs. Certainly, there are teams that can and do a better job identifying more serious issues earlier and addressing them.

This little to do with a lack of testing or laziness.

It amazes me the lengths people will go through to defend an inferior product. If extra testing time is what it takes to drastically reduce the number of game-breaking bug, I have no problem waiting that one out.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#13professional gamerPosted 11/28/2012 11:58:31 AM
This is old news...
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#14regsantotomasPosted 11/28/2012 12:02:02 PM
Raycon posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Video_Game_Czar posted...
FUN FACT: If they weren't lazy jag offs and play tested their games, They won't need to patch them post-launch.

That was neither fun nor a fact; mostly conjecture actually.

Software (not just games) ship with bugs all the time.

The issue is that there are project constraints including meeting budget and schedules that often result in deferral of said bugs. Certainly, there are teams that can and do a better job identifying more serious issues earlier and addressing them.

This little to do with a lack of testing or laziness.

It amazes me the lengths people will go through to defend an inferior product. If extra testing time is what it takes to drastically reduce the number of game-breaking bug, I have no problem waiting that one out.

Sometimes those bugs simply aren't found prior to ship. That's the point. Other bugs must be compared to other bugs in the database and prioritized as to which ones will be addressed prior to ship. A game can be tested endlessly but still would not result in a bug-free product. Your presumption here is that there was knowledge of a "game-breaking bug" that was simply ignored. In software development, such cases are referred to as ship blockers which by definition means that they are addressed before release.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#15xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:28:51 PM
professional gamer posted...
This is old news...

so then how come patch pricing isn't common knowledge, these facts can't even be found on the PS3/PSN website.