This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

bought dragon age 2, cant be that bad .... right cousins?

#1nativeboi85Posted 11/28/2012 12:35:58 PM
Generally I dont listen to reviews cause Breath of fire 3 was my favorite rpg of all time, and gamespot gave it a 6/10, reasons still unknown the gameplay was great, the story while kinda cliche was still good and mysterious and had you wanting to know more and the characters were good, I loved Rei and momo.

So ima try another RPG that seems like a bastard child of rpgs, is it any good?
#2lubmelubyouPosted 11/28/2012 12:36:40 PM
It is awesome.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#3theshovellerPosted 11/28/2012 12:38:16 PM
I liked it well enough. My only tip? Do NOT buy both Legacy and Mark of the Assassin, I think there's a bug for the PS3 versions where attempting to complete both DLC missions corrupts your save with a high rate, or something. I have yet to have one save not corrupt on me after beating the game, Legacy, and getting roughly halfway through Mark of the Assassin, but others say they've had no problems.

Still, I say play it safe, and pass on Mark of the Assassin. Just my two cents.
#4PJB-11Posted 11/28/2012 12:56:22 PM
I thought the gameplay was pretty good but the plot was non-existent.

All the characters just gravitate towards your party with no proper introductions and Hawke's actual aim in the story was pretty vague.
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, FFXIII, Red Dead Redemption, Sly 1, Uncharted 3
#5OtakuGameraPosted 11/28/2012 12:58:44 PM
i stopped playing around 40% into the game, i think i was backtracking through the same dungeon over and over and doing the same attack moves over and over fighting the same mob over and over that i just got fed up
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#6bigdeezPosted 11/28/2012 12:58:49 PM
I bought it......yet to play it.
#7deathsaber79Posted 11/28/2012 1:22:16 PM
It NOT as bad as some say.

That said, it is a little bit worse than the original which was dissapointing. High 7 and 8 ratings are pretty much accurate.

It loses points because

1. the entire game takes place within one city - so its not a world spanning "epic" game like the first. So relatively small world space = repitition and lots of areas reused, and gone is any sense of exploration and discovery

2. The game takes away your ability to fully equip party members- they just have stock armor which you can upgrade a few times and that sit.

3. The story does present some choice, but the endgame is disappointingly rigid and occurs similiarly no matter what you do, or which factions you support.

That said, its still Dragon Age (and if you like the first, the majority of that experience is back), the story is solid, you got the usual Bioware conversation system and relationship building/romance elements, and the game looks better and battle itself is a little bit more satisfying than the first.