This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember back when you got a Playstation 1 and then went to buy FF VII?

#31Sidewinder1386Posted 11/28/2012 4:46:34 PM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
those were the days :D
I really hope we get to have a similar OMFG this is amazing!!! reaction this gen or the next.

Who remembers playing like 10 hours into the game the first time they turned it on?
Then telling all your friends they had to buy this 3 disc game called FFVII that was soo epic.
Then soon everyone at school had it and it was even mentioned on the news.

*Sigh* I miss when that was how gaming was...

I doubt I will ever experience that again, considering I am older and just don't get excited for game releases like I used to, now if I bought say The Last of Us and it came with a 12 pack of beer for a pre order then we might have some giddy excitement, other wise I say "Oh yeah that's going to be cool, I am pumped." with a stone face as I continue to play current games.

Takes a lot to get a excited reaction out of me.

That's pretty much me these days too..
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
FFXI Name: Sidewind Server: Phoenix
#32mogar002Posted 11/28/2012 4:47:30 PM
No, I remember when I had a PS1 and my friend gave me his greatest hits copy because he was gonna trash it anyways.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#33THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 11/28/2012 4:57:50 PM(edited)
When Sony announces that The Legend of Dragoon and-or Crash Bandicoot is in development at Sony Computer Entertainment and Naughty Dog, and either-or will be a launch title for PlayStation Orbis. That's when we'll get those "OMFG, this is amazing!" moments back.
#34chocolatesodaPosted 11/28/2012 5:00:57 PM
Back when gamers weren't so self-entitled. After that, people began spreading hate toward any FF game that wasn't VII. :(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#35temgunPosted 11/28/2012 5:04:59 PM
Please change to disc 2.

And my mind was blown. Like wtf, change disc now? When the game is running? And then IX had 4 discs, I was amazed.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#36howdyneighbor25Posted 11/28/2012 5:27:19 PM
GM_ posted...
Quote:bought it never opened it still sitting in my closet at my moms house. game looked like garvbage when i played it at a friends. was too late to return it by then
@howdyneighbor25

Troll

game sucked imo. dont be butt hurt
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#37KarnRX78Posted 11/28/2012 5:29:49 PM
temgun posted...
Please change to disc 2.

And my mind was blown. Like wtf, change disc now? When the game is running? And then IX had 4 discs, I was amazed.

VIII had 4 discs as well.

8 was my first FF game on PS as I got my PS shortly after 8 came out. I got 7 about a month later. I had played FFVII on PC, but the cut scene after Cloud gives the Black Meteria to Sephiroth would crash my PC, so never got past that point lol.

I had been playing FFVI on SNES for a while though.

I haven't had that feeling when going to buy a game since then. After playing through Star Ocean Till the End of Time I had feelings like I did for FFs 4-9. I've had several other games do that as well, but Star Ocean was the strongest.
#38rpglover13Posted 11/28/2012 5:39:00 PM
I'm thinking we might have a similar reaction this gen to FF Versus 13(if we ever actually get it)
#39Sgt_FoleyPosted 11/28/2012 5:42:38 PM
Blegh. FFVII bored me, honestly.
---
^The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of the poster in question.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the best cartoon ever.
#40RetroFanGirlPosted 11/28/2012 5:45:21 PM
Nope, I had many subpar PS1 games when I was younger, the best I had was probably Crash Team Racing. I didn't experience the great RPGs til a few years after the PS2.
---
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XII