This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

automatic game updates should be free...

#31agrissaPosted 11/29/2012 2:19:16 PM
Nicodimus posted...
it makes me laughable, with those lame argument like "but...but....they will hack online with this saves"

Ever play Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast? Hacking destroyed the game within 3 months. Everyone had the best mag, weapon, and armor. There was nothing left to go after.

As already mentioned, they can just account-lock the save file instead of making the entire save copy-protected. If Xbox360 can accomplish this why not the PS3? Is there a hardware-related reason? Or is it just the devs being jerks?
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#32kawa_ndaPosted 11/30/2012 9:18:06 AM
My only idea is that the devs in charge of these things simply don't know what they're doing and aren't looking to the competition for hints. Or they're going by baseless arguments without caring that there are no facts behind them. Trophy integrity is irrelevant to save back-up, since you actively need to complete the task involved; they aren't retroactive. Not to mention multiplayer saves should be stored server-side in the first place. You can delete Battlefield 3 save data all day, but when you load the game again your account will still have all your stats and unlocks; only the single-player progress and settings will be gone.

Sony needs to go back to basics with their entire PlayStation interface, including the actual interface itself. The XMB is potentially pretty but horribly nonfunctional and laggy. But that's a minor gripe for another time.
---
PSN ID/X360 GT: XenithFlare
Monster Hunter Tri ID: ENDKNX