This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any PS3 games that are highly Christian?

#31DarkGam3rPosted 11/28/2012 9:14:52 PM
If you mean you're restricting yourself to playing only Christian games for PS3, it's best if you don't.

Play any game, religion doesn't matter. Religion shouldn't keep you from enjoying an excellent game. If a game harms your religion somehow, then don't play that. Just know that many games don't harm people's beliefs unless they think it does.
---
"I'm no hero."
#32ADHDguitarPosted 11/28/2012 9:44:06 PM
TC seems very, very troll-ish.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#33hyjinx17Posted 11/28/2012 9:45:30 PM
Look at TC's username

/end topic
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#34grungastzenkiPosted 11/28/2012 9:55:57 PM
Saw - The video game
Saw 2 - Flesh and blood
#35collarbonePosted 11/28/2012 9:56:56 PM
i'll pretend this is a serious topic
castlevania lords of shadows
---
PlayStation Network: TextMissing
Xbox Live: BerserkGamer
#36sugarmonstergodPosted 11/28/2012 10:08:14 PM
I wonder why there aren't more religion-oriented games. The medium isn't so primitive as to be beneath incorporating complex stories with morals and messages. Other games do it all the time. With all the money churches and Christian organizations rake in you'd think they'd develop a Christian game.
#37NicodimusPosted 11/28/2012 10:09:59 PM
I wonder why there aren't more religion-oriented games. The medium isn't so primitive as to be beneath incorporating complex stories with morals and messages. Other games do it all the time. With all the money churches and Christian organizations rake in you'd think they'd develop a Christian game.

If Christian gaming would be as terrible as Christian rock music, I'm not interested.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#38ADHDguitarPosted 11/28/2012 10:13:03 PM
sugarmonstergod posted...

As someone is a Christian, a video game enthusiast, and an aspiring developer, this has interested me too.

Basically, it's been done before, and they all sucked. Go watch AVGN's Bible game videos. The odd PC game has popped up since then but they never go anywhere.

As far as I can tell, the reason they usually suck is because the developer is just taking "video games" and smothering it in Bible references whilst ignoring any kind of artistic integrity. It's basically on the same level as trying paint medicine to look like candy to trick children into eating it.

And there's the other reasons. Christian kids are all busy playing Call of Duty, and the odd Christian game that does pop up gets trolled into the ground by butthurt trolls with nothing better to do.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#39SilentS89Posted 11/28/2012 10:21:35 PM
"highly christian" is setting the bar a little high, try to find some moderately christian ps3 games first.

But I think a christian based game doesn't have to suck, take a God of War like Samson game or an Oregon trail like apostle game or something
#40Yungin_BLUPosted 11/28/2012 10:23:55 PM
Flower?
---
Need motivation to work out? Read Sun Ken Rock and you'll want to train butt naked in seclusion for three days straight once a week.