This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does a company benefit by having its game free on PS+?

#1alienfreaks04Posted 11/28/2012 8:31:20 PM
First question - Who decides if a game will be free on PS+?

And what are the benefits to the game's developer and publisher?
---
My signature is better than yours.
#2zyrax2301Posted 11/28/2012 8:32:01 PM
Nothing on PS+ is "free".
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3alienfreaks04(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:41:19 PM
For a short time, many PlayStation 3 owners aren't paying money for the game. How does this help the company?
---
My signature is better than yours.
#4AwayFromHerePosted 11/28/2012 8:43:14 PM
It's called exposer.

People see a game offered, if they play it and like it, they will be more willing to buy the game outright, pay for additional DLC, support further games from the company.

How hard is this to understand?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5SophisticationPosted 11/28/2012 8:43:28 PM
alienfreaks04 posted...
For a short time, many PlayStation 3 owners aren't paying money for the game. How does this help the company?

Sony enters into an agreement with them on other items sold... such as avatars,tthemes, dlc and what have you. They are given all proceeds from that. I learned that from the way forward interview on double dragon neon.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#6Raven_CyarmPosted 11/28/2012 8:44:15 PM
It's probable that Sony gives the company a kickback as incentive.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#7AtelierCorvusPosted 11/28/2012 8:54:05 PM
alienfreaks04 posted...

I got WH40k Space Marine for free. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the Horde Mode and so did my friend. We both purchased the "Chaos Unleashed" horde mode DLC.

Also, if a sequel is about to come out / just came out. (IE: Saints Row 3) then the previous installment (in this case, Saints Row 2) is released to help drum up sales.

Also Sony just released around 8 games for VITA. Including their AAA title "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" which they hope will drum up sales of VITA consoles.
---
I use Gamefaqs as a toilet to crap out as much hate and venom as possible so I can be happy and nice in everything else I do. sorry Gamefaqs =/