This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#21spectermaster14Posted 11/28/2012 9:35:43 PM
I still say Silent Hill fans, like I do in every thread like this. I know DMC, RE, and Final Fantasy fans are creepy and obsessive, but no one beats SH fans because these other fanbases don't have a TwinPerfect analogue.
#22SteelYoshiPosted 11/28/2012 10:13:44 PM
obsessive horrid fans are almost always just the vocal minority, who are a small part of the fandom but stick out like a sore thumb, and seeing as most people only pay attention to the vocal minority, thats what most will think the entire fandom consists of.

the bronies who flame and shove ponies down your throat are the vocal minority, and I've found normal bronies generally look down upon them.
#23SteelYoshiPosted 11/28/2012 10:15:43 PM
Also there in Rule 34 in every fandom, and most normal people in the fandoms really HATE it.
#24killakPosted 11/28/2012 10:15:57 PM
Some of the PS3 fanbase, considering some of the stuff i've had said to me.

Developer haters that don't shut up.

People that see young looking characters as sex objects, and also don't shut up about it.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#25Chunx907Posted 11/28/2012 10:20:01 PM
There are tons of creepy fanbases.

Mass Effect
Final Fantasy
Sonic
Resident Evil

spectermaster14 posted...
I still say Silent Hill fans, like I do in every thread like this. I know DMC, RE, and Final Fantasy fans are creepy and obsessive, but no one beats SH fans because these other fanbases don't have a TwinPerfect analogue.

Lol. I was gonna come in here and say that Silent Hill had one of the best fanbases because of their actual meaty discussions, theories, and general lack of stupidity, but I agree that the TwinPerfect two hour video pointing out how bad the HD Collection was is a bit much.
#26themegaman7Posted 11/28/2012 10:22:26 PM
Hardcore Magic the Gathering people.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#27Raven_CyarmPosted 11/28/2012 10:25:27 PM
shadianvise posted...
And not one word of defense for the people who have hobbies and interests, getting enjoyment out of them. It always astounds me that people just can't accept that others like non-traditional things.

I know nothing about MLP, but I have several well-adjusted friends who like it, and it always amazes me that people attack them without question. It's not surprising that homophobia is still rampant with mindsets like those. Can't you pick on people who are actually doing wrong?

B-b-b-but I don't understand it, which means I'm supposed to hate it! ;_;
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#28spectermaster14Posted 11/28/2012 10:26:42 PM
Lol. I was gonna come in here and say that Silent Hill had one of the best fanbases because of their actual meaty discussions, theories, and general lack of stupidity, but I agree that the TwinPerfect two hour video pointing out how bad the HD Collection was is a bit much.

Real fans of the series generally are great people. CJ, Whitney, and the other RelyOnHorror and SH Historical Society folks are really awesome, but this really the only fanbase I know where there's a legitimate fifty-fifty split down the middle. One side wants to have discussions about the series, its history, its mythology, and its future. The other side wants to do the same, but for three games and attack anyone who wants to bring up anything else. It's one of the only groups I know who've actually called out writers and artists who created the games as wrong. (Seriously, can you believe the fact that TP and its supporters disregard Ito's input?)
#29ADHDguitarPosted 11/28/2012 10:27:33 PM
The darker side of the MLP fandom for sure. I mean hell, I watch the show, but... *Shivers*
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#30Mutant1988Posted 11/28/2012 10:28:33 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

We're not all insane.

But as with most things, the general public only hear about the bad ones.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.