This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#221Emperor_mateusPosted 11/29/2012 10:25:08 AM
Sir_Specter posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
As for most creepiest fanbase.....uh probably the Zelda fanbase since they always cry about how the series is ruined while the Zelda series is always very good at worst and the best games ever made at best.

Can you tell me what exactly is creepy about not liking the direction a series has been going in recent years?. You're just being a fanboy.

I would't say i'm a fanboy. I'm fine with complaining as long as its reasonable and i'm not without complaints about some games myself, but I choose the Zelda fanbase because they are never ever happy with anything.
I mean twilight princess has been looked at as some kind of an abomination untill recently while its still a good game. Not as good as it could have been, but not bad by any means.

Also the infamous "Zelda cycle"

I'd say that anyone who says that a series is "very good at worst and the best games ever made at best," is definitely a fanboy. Especially since you shoehorned the Zelda into this thread for a reason that isn't actually creepy.

I agree that the hate on TP is exaggerated since it's still good, but that game was ridiculously easy and definitely not on par with the earlier games because of it. Being able to block literally every attack even if the thing fighting you is ten times your size is pretty silly. I haven't bothered with Skyward Sword nor do I intend to because I hear it's more of the same but more linear and with a lot of running back and forth as padding. Just because someone doesn't think that Zelda can do no wrong doesn't make them creepy or even wrong.

Isn't that the general opinion about Zelda games that they're either among the best games ever made (like Ocarina of time) or at least good?
Also like I said before I don't think Zelda is flawless. Skyward sword is great when your doing something, but the sheer amount of fetch quests and other stuff is extremely annoying and I agree with you on twilight princess that its too easy.

But yeah in hindsight I should't have called the fanbase creepy, just annoying.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#222ThePWBPosterPosted 11/29/2012 10:31:43 AM(edited)
pakathecat posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
If you are a fan of MLP because of some fad, I feel bad for you.

I was a fan of the original MLP when I was a kid, had some of the first ones that came out. The art style of FIM sort of turns me off because I was used to the original, and while I certainly don't expect any sort of realism, the small, upturned noses on the faces now just looks really weird.

Out of curiousity recently though, watched a bit of it and, while not bad at all, nothing I see to really separate it from a lot of the stuff out there these days. I do wonder how many have convinced themselves they love it just because it is a popular thing now. Humans, as a social animal, seem hardwired to follow the fashions and trends of whatever culture or subculture they want to identify with and be accepted by.

People can like whatever they like and for whatever reasons though, as far as I care. Just as long as they aren't harming anybody else, do whatever the hell you want.

To the ICP fans comment....uh...you called me out? so what...I don't wear facepaint....I await comments!

Anyway, I do agree, , curiosity plays a big part. I am more worried about the outcome to be honest. MLP has a fanbase and I don't mind...fanbase with a daughter or son....I don't mind...a single adult male fan....hmmmm???? Why is he part of that same fanbase WITHOUT sisters, nieces, or cousins,...explain that. There is no reason.

I played a game on NES or Genesis for MLP...you know the old school stuff ITT kids??? and liked it...the new group....Nope!
---
ThePWBPoster: TWSSted as he wants to be.
Also, a PWBer
#223ChaingunmasterPosted 11/29/2012 10:35:34 AM
ThePWBPoster posted...
pakathecat posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
If you are a fan of MLP because of some fad, I feel bad for you.

I was a fan of the original MLP when I was a kid, had some of the first ones that came out. The art style of FIM sort of turns me off because I was used to the original, and while I certainly don't expect any sort of realism, the small, upturned noses on the faces now just looks really weird.

Out of curiousity recently though, watched a bit of it and, while not bad at all, nothing I see to really separate it from a lot of the stuff out there these days. I do wonder how many have convinced themselves they love it just because it is a popular thing now. Humans, as a social animal, seem hardwired to follow the fashions and trends of whatever culture or subculture they want to identify with and be accepted by.

People can like whatever they like and for whatever reasons though, as far as I care. Just as long as they aren't harming anybody else, do whatever the hell you want.

.a single adult male fan....hmmmm???? Why is he part of that same fanbase WITHOUT sisters, nieces, or cousins,...explain that. There is no reason.

Because we are? Why should we need a reason? Especially coming from a goddamn juggalo, ultimate hypocrisy right there.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#224Stanger5150Posted 11/29/2012 10:36:48 AM
cymanx posted...
First of all, I am going to tell you that I absolutely despise Spone Bob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, and My Little Pony. The same people who like my little pony, are the same kind of guys that spend their time in barbie doll isles, collecting ken dolls... Oh, my bad "action figures"... And btw, it is still not cool for men to wear pink. That is what purple is for.

So happy you showed up to speak for all men! Who the f*** are you to make those determinations?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#225cymanxPosted 11/29/2012 10:43:46 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
cymanx posted...
First of all, I am going to tell you that I absolutely despise Spone Bob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, and My Little Pony. The same people who like my little pony, are the same kind of guys that spend their time in barbie doll isles, collecting ken dolls... Oh, my bad "action figures"... And btw, it is still not cool for men to wear pink. That is what purple is for.

So happy you showed up to speak for all men! Who the f*** are you to make those determinations?

You mean the same kind of detirminations that everyone else in this place is making? Some are probably thinking.. I'm being honest, and if some of you want to hop on the band wagon, there is room.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#226ChaingunmasterPosted 11/29/2012 10:45:25 AM
cymanx posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
cymanx posted...

You mean the same kind of detirminations that everyone else in this place is making? Some are probably thinking.. I'm being honest, and if some of you want to hop on the band wagon, there is room.

Just like you're hopping on the hater bandwagon.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#227-AnubisPosted 11/29/2012 10:46:37 AM
Any console. Those people are so creepy. They want to do unspeakable things to their consoles. That's really creepy.
---
Pickles and stuff.
#228ryudin89Posted 11/29/2012 10:48:22 AM
ThePWBPoster posted...
Anyway, I do agree, , curiosity plays a big part. I am more worried about the outcome to be honest. MLP has a fanbase and I don't mind...fanbase with a daughter or son....I don't mind...a single adult male fan....hmmmm???? Why is he part of that same fanbase WITHOUT sisters, nieces, or cousins,...explain that. There is no reason.

Are you seriously saying that people cannot be a part of a fanbase without having family members that are also part of said fanbase? Because if so that is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read on GameFAQs today.

Please......Please tell me you're not being serious.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#229rschrake86Posted 11/29/2012 10:48:28 AM
http://jezebel.com/5923270/male-my-little-pony-fans-sparkle-at-bronycon-2012
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#230ljobenzaPosted 11/29/2012 10:49:59 AM
cymanx posted...
And btw, it is still not cool for men to wear pink. That is what purple is for.

Lol at this.

In old times pink was the masculine color and blue was the feminine one.