This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#231ThePWBPosterPosted 11/29/2012 10:50:09 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
pakathecat posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
If you are a fan of MLP because of some fad, I feel bad for you.

I was a fan of the original MLP when I was a kid, had some of the first ones that came out. The art style of FIM sort of turns me off because I was used to the original, and while I certainly don't expect any sort of realism, the small, upturned noses on the faces now just looks really weird.

Out of curiousity recently though, watched a bit of it and, while not bad at all, nothing I see to really separate it from a lot of the stuff out there these days. I do wonder how many have convinced themselves they love it just because it is a popular thing now. Humans, as a social animal, seem hardwired to follow the fashions and trends of whatever culture or subculture they want to identify with and be accepted by.

People can like whatever they like and for whatever reasons though, as far as I care. Just as long as they aren't harming anybody else, do whatever the hell you want.

.a single adult male fan....hmmmm???? Why is he part of that same fanbase WITHOUT sisters, nieces, or cousins,...explain that. There is no reason.

Because we are? Why should we need a reason? Especially coming from a goddamn juggalo, ultimate hypocrisy right there.

You are putting Juggalo within a MLP fan...c'mon really. We all like what we watch or listen to for a reason. What reason does MLP has than say...ICP. Again, I don't wear facepaint but I do dig the music. Digging something from a preteen cartoon is out of my mind. All I ask I why? Give me a good explanation why MLP should be admired by an adult other than the daughter/niece/stepsister/wife combo???

Look, I'm all for liking what you want, I say so myself, but MLP has nothing to connect to the adult other than staying together.
---
ThePWBPoster: TWSSted as he wants to be.
Also, a PWBer
#232HellooFaithPosted 11/29/2012 10:50:29 AM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

Yep. The MLP "bronies" freak me out the most.
#233SuperShadowAcePosted 11/29/2012 10:51:08 AM
MLP
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#234CBASH13Posted 11/29/2012 10:51:51 AM
PC gamers. They're like door to door salesman. Constantly trying to push their product, questioning why other people don't adopt their ways. The most extreme PC gamers are like elitists suggesting that anyone who doesn't PC game is inferior.
---
It is what it is
#235ChaingunmasterPosted 11/29/2012 10:52:26 AM
ThePWBPoster posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
pakathecat posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
If you are a fan of MLP because of some fad, I feel bad for you.

I was a fan of the original MLP when I was a kid, had some of the first ones that came out. The art style of FIM sort of turns me off because I was used to the original, and while I certainly don't expect any sort of realism, the small, upturned noses on the faces now just looks really weird.

Out of curiousity recently though, watched a bit of it and, while not bad at all, nothing I see to really separate it from a lot of the stuff out there these days. I do wonder how many have convinced themselves they love it just because it is a popular thing now. Humans, as a social animal, seem hardwired to follow the fashions and trends of whatever culture or subculture they want to identify with and be accepted by.

People can like whatever they like and for whatever reasons though, as far as I care. Just as long as they aren't harming anybody else, do whatever the hell you want.

.a single adult male fan....hmmmm???? Why is he part of that same fanbase WITHOUT sisters, nieces, or cousins,...explain that. There is no reason.

Because we are? Why should we need a reason? Especially coming from a goddamn juggalo, ultimate hypocrisy right there.

You are putting Juggalo within a MLP fan...c'mon really. We all like what we watch or listen to for a reason. What reason does MLP has than say...ICP. Again, I don't wear facepaint but I do dig the music. Digging something from a preteen cartoon is out of my mind. All I ask I why? Give me a good explanation why MLP should be admired by an adult other than the daughter/niece/stepsister/wife combo???

Look, I'm all for liking what you want, I say so myself, but MLP has nothing to connect to the adult other than staying together.

I watch a preteen show, you listen to preteen music.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#236RafedxPosted 11/29/2012 10:58:54 AM
Wow a lot of ignorant responses in this thread regarding MLP, I have seen 1 episode and while it definitely isn't my type of cartoon it wasn't bad and to be honest if I had a daughter I could see watching it with her.

Most male MLP fans are fans of cartoons in general, I know some dudes that watch it and when you ask them what other TV shows they watch its more cartoons. Just because a dude is secure enough to admit he likes MLP doesn't mean he should take blind hate JUST because its marketed to little girls, if people actually watched 1 episode they would notice some of the jokes are intended for adults, its a kids cartoon that is bearable to watch for adults which is rare in cartoons, most are just mindless drivel that you turn on to turn your kids into idiots. MLP at least has some funny jokes, life lessons for kids, and lessons for girls to grow up strong and away from the vapid, worried about how fat she is, and how much money she can get cartoons out there.

Some of you really need to check your insecurities before you hate on one group just because you don't get it.

Anyways, creepiest fanbase is the COD crowd, only because of all the hormonal, angst ridden, insecure, misogynist teens spitting sexual comments to one another, death threats, PM's to girl gamers sexually harassing them, crying over the mic about how someone hacks just because they keep getting killed. They are by far the creepiest fanbase and its just because of how many of them there actually are.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#237BlackMetalisWarPosted 11/29/2012 11:01:08 AM
Gamefaqs
---
Deathcore is garbage.
#238Evel138Posted 11/29/2012 11:01:38 AM
cymanx posted...
... And btw, it is still not cool for men to wear pink. That is what purple is for.

Oh really? Purple? IMHO purple is quite fem as well sport ( maybe even more so....pink is making a clear statement......purple is a person thinking they're fooling somebody), but then again, I personally am a strictly black, gray, red kind of guy.

Opinions.........and that adage about them being like a certain bodily orifice.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#239Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 11:20:41 AM
Master_Zebra posted...
Definitely the creepiest are the BRONIES

Now that I've got your attention, I'll say that the creepiest are the shippers, seriously.
Oh, and those anime fanboys who want to push everything down your throat.
And yaoi fangirls.

MLP shippers especially.
They actually shipped the purple pony with the lampshade outside her front yard.
I wish I was kidding, and I hope they are too. I sincirely doubt that every pony is a lesbian like the fanboys claim, as well.
#240ashcrvPosted 11/29/2012 11:25:02 AM
Mario fans. They want to see the flowers doing stuff to people. Eww...
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!