This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#241warnutPosted 11/29/2012 11:30:25 AM
Anything Japanese and/or has to do with anime.

These people disgust me in a way I can't quite describe.
---
If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about,
Lift your head up and blow your brains out.
#242EvilSakuraiPosted 11/29/2012 11:35:51 AM
Motsu posted...
The Anti-Japanese trolls. I mean, half of the crap they come up with is just sick, and only a creepy pedophile would think the way they do.

Nah man, most of us just think Weeboos are weird, and easy to troll.
And for the most part, we're right!
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Washington Redskins 5-6 Baltimore Ravens 8-2
#243keatonisballinPosted 11/29/2012 11:48:20 AM
Loli jrpg creeps. Get a life and stop getting a hard on for 12 year old video game girls.
---
http://tinyurl.com/9xkt9ek
#244I_caught_firePosted 11/29/2012 11:48:59 AM
rschrake86 posted...
http://jezebel.com/5923270/male-my-little-pony-fans-sparkle-at-bronycon-2012

Good god.

LAWREN FAWZT YAWL...
The show's creator Lauren Faust was in attendance and was able to comment on the Brony phenomenon, saying that while she never intended for the cartoon to be aimed at young men (she wanted to create something for little girls that their mothers could possibly enjoy, as well)

then she saw the $$$ and changed her tune

but is probably still quietly creeped out
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#245WHATZITUYAPosted 11/29/2012 12:11:13 PM
Picking an astonishingly rather untouched subject here: Justin Bieber fans

Just imagine if there was a gender reversal between him and his fans...and you'd see what I mean.
---
What the...? Are you kidding me? Seriously?! Well...it's your opinion.
#246KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 1:26:57 PM
There is still people in this thread saying MLP is a show aimed at little girls and if you like cartoons aimed at little girls there is something wrong with you?

Did you miss my posts back on page 3? here, let me copy and paste them again....
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#247KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 1:27:09 PM
Not expecting anyone to read this whole post/the next, I wouldn't lol. But here is just a few cool references from MLP. Trainspotting, Apocalypse Now, David Bowie, Ren and Stimpy, Terminator, Seinfeld, Big Lebowski, obviously the show isn't just aimed at little girls.

The same episode includes Snips and Snails making a Pinky and the Brain reference, and when Rarity demands for a mirror to see the mess Trixie made to her mane, she is mimicking The Joker's mirror scene from Tim Burton's first Batman movie.

The shout out to Batman is even more powerful when you realize Rarity is wearing a purple dress, her face is white and her hair is, well, green.

In "Dragonshy", the music that plays during the preparation montage as well as the montage itself is a combination of references to The A-Team and Charlie's Angels. Additionally, the music that plays during the girls' journey up the mountain is a variation on the theme for The Lord of the Rings.

The Lord of the Rings music takes on an especially humorous light seeing as the dragon's design from that episode seems to be based on Smaug.

There's a sequence at the end with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo sitting around a table, with the camera mimicking the round-table shots that That '70s Show is known for.

The entire sequence where Twilight was stalking Pinkie in "Feeling Pinkie Keen" was reminiscent of the old Wile E. Coyote cartoons. Complete with "scientific names" (Pinkius Pieicus), Amusing Injuries, and assorted objects falling on Twilight's head, including an anvil and a piano.

The falling is also similar to a Running Gag on Top Gear, where if a Morris Marina appears on the show, it usually ends up with a piano dropped on it.
Early on, Twilight asks Pinkie Pie "What in the wide wide world of Equestria are you up to?", another reference to Blazing Saddles.

In "A Dog and Pony Show", the diamond dogs themselves speak in a manner similar to Gollum from The Lord of the Rings films, have a gangly appearance similar to Gollum, and even refer to the gems as "precious."

The name "Diamond Dogs" has got to be a shout out to the David Bowie album. The title song from that album contains the line "The diamond dogs are poachers, and they hide behind trees". When we first see the dogs, they are hiding in a tree and planning to steal the gems Rarity and Spike are collecting.
In the cold open, the music is reminiscent of The Legend of Zelda games while Rarity places rupee-like gems on her latest dress. The blue one even flies up from an open chest, much like those found in the games. In a related shout-out to Zelda, the Diamond Dogs are similar in shape to Moblins.

There are a few moments in this episode inspired by Ren and Stimpy, including a single up-close shot of Philomeena's face with crusty eyes.

"The Cutie Mark Chronicles" had a scene where Filly Applejack watches a pony version of the Statue of Liberty (linking back to Twilight's outfit in the pilot).

Filly Rarity also (literally) bumps into a rock that resembles the black monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey, musical fanfare included.

In "Party of One" during her Sanity Slippage, Pinkie Pie voices a pile of rocks that she gives the name Rocky and also a certain accent.

Not to mention that it "calls" Rainbow Dash "Chump!".
The sequence may be a nod to the Ren and Stimpy episode "Hermit Ren", right down to the splotchy paint backgrounds.
At the end of the episode, we can see Spike dance like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.
---
#248KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 1:28:21 PM
"Return of Harmony, Part 2" ends with an almost shot-for-shot homage to the ending of Star Wars A New Hope, complete with a Suspiciously Similar Song version of the Throne Room music.

The same episode features a musical homage to The Empire Strikes Back: Compare this to this.
Discord also "Force Chokes" the Mane Cast during the final confrontation.

In "Lesson Zero", Twilight suffers from Sanity Slippage and starts talking to her reflection in a puddle.

When Twilight enchants her Smartypants doll, the Cutie Mark Crusaders say that "I want it," "I need it," and "I really like her mane." An Elvis Presley song is "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You".
The skyline shots of Ponyville indicating the passage of time are accompanied by a loudly-ticking clock sound effect - possibly a reference to 24.
Fans have also compared it to the ticking sun in The Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask. The emphasis on a deadline has also helped with this comparison.

Background pony Meadow Song appears to be dressed as Ermac. (mortal kombat)

In the bowling alley scene at the start of "The Cutie Pox", you can see pony versions of several characters from The Big Lebowski, including Jesus Quintana, Walter Sobchak, Donny, and the Dude.

One shot inside the Apple family's house features a painting in the background that looks like a pony version of Grant Wood's American Gothic.

The flight through the gorge, complete with Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries", isn't the first element in the show borrowed from Apocalypse Now.

Also music during chase scene right after bears resemblence to the opening theme of the Batman The Animated Series.
Another Batman reference: The central plot of "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" is basically a ponified Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman.
Going back even further than Batman, MMDW strikes a classic Zorro pose immediately following her first appearance.

She also rescues the filly in the well with "I'm Rainbow Dash and I'm here to rescue you."

While most likely a coincidence, there seems to be an actual reference to various◊ incarnations of the Doctor from Doctor Who. Heck, they even have the same hourglass cutie mark!

Twilight's awkward dancing at the Canterlot ponies' party mirrors a scene in Seinfeld.

The scene in "Baby Cakes" where Pinkie suddenly sees Pound Cake walking along the ceiling may be a nod to, of all things, the film version of Trainspotting.

In "It's About Time", Twilight Sparkle wears a headband, an eye-patch, and sneaks around in a black bodysuit, and her time-travelling spell is reminiscent of the Terminator.

In the Terminator films, those wishing to travel through time must do so naked. Here Twilight travels through time in a black body suit, when ponies don't normally wear clothes.
The music playing during her conversation with herself (both in the beginning of the episode, and when the same scene is revisited at the end) is a remix of "I am the Doctor", a piece of Doctor Who music. Also, Future Twilight's appearance is preceded by a sound similar to the one heard when the TARDIS materializes. (A key being rubbed against a piano string, incidentally.)
Not to mention, fan favorite 'Doctor Whooves'/Time Turner is in the crowd of ponies that Twilight is giving her speech about her future self to.
---
#249BlueSkies7776Posted 11/29/2012 1:29:20 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

lmao
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#250RafedxPosted 11/29/2012 1:47:11 PM
KillfaceDingo posted...
There is still people in this thread saying MLP is a show aimed at little girls and if you like cartoons aimed at little girls there is something wrong with you?

Did you miss my posts back on page 3? here, let me copy and paste them again....

This is going to be looked over like your original post, people don't care about facts and references when it messes with their insecure logic of "Its aimed at girls so you should feel disgusted with yourself if you watch it."

Good post BTW.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.