This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#31Chunx907Posted 11/28/2012 9:35:50 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Real fans of the series generally are great people. CJ, Whitney, and the other RelyOnHorror and SH Historical Society folks are really awesome, but this really the only fanbase I know where there's a legitimate fifty-fifty split down the middle. One side wants to have discussions about the series, its history, its mythology, and its future. The other side wants to do the same, but for three games and attack anyone who wants to bring up anything else. It's one of the only groups I know who've actually called out writers and artists who created the games as wrong. (Seriously, can you believe the fact that TP and its supporters disregard Ito's input?)

Yeah, I was a member of the Silent Hill Forum a few years back, and they had some great discussions and members. I guess half the fans love TwinPerfect, the other half dislikes them for making the fanbase look excessively picky?

And it's a shame that so many fans don't even care for SH4, despite it being by Team Silent. It was a great game in its own way.
#32spectermaster14Posted 11/28/2012 9:40:09 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Real fans of the series generally are great people. CJ, Whitney, and the other RelyOnHorror and SH Historical Society folks are really awesome, but this really the only fanbase I know where there's a legitimate fifty-fifty split down the middle. One side wants to have discussions about the series, its history, its mythology, and its future. The other side wants to do the same, but for three games and attack anyone who wants to bring up anything else. It's one of the only groups I know who've actually called out writers and artists who created the games as wrong. (Seriously, can you believe the fact that TP and its supporters disregard Ito's input?)

Yeah, I was a member of the Silent Hill Forum a few years back, and they had some great discussions and members. I guess half the fans love TwinPerfect, the other half dislikes them for making the fanbase look excessively picky?

And it's a shame that so many fans don't even care for SH4, despite it being by Team Silent. It was a great game in its own way.

That's been my experience. A big chunk of the fanbase has been there since the beginning and more people than I care to admit joined up after TP's "documentary" came out and misinformed people en masse. But generally annoyance aside, I do agree with you, SH fans are pretty great altogether.

I'm not a huge fan myself, admittedly, but even I can see its good side. I know the feel, though, I'm a huge Homecoming fan.
#33AtelierCorvusPosted 11/28/2012 10:10:49 PM
themegaman7 posted...
Hardcore Magic the Gathering people.

You think that's bad?

Try "Hardcore Warhammer / Warhammer 40,000" people.

Seriously, they talk about their fandom like they just did 3 years as Imperial Guard against Chaos and Orks.
---
I use Gamefaqs as a toilet to crap out as much hate and venom as possible so I can be happy and nice in everything else I do. sorry Gamefaqs =/
#34NicodimusPosted 11/28/2012 10:12:59 PM
Men over 50 that sit in parked vans with candy hanging out the door.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#35ShineboxerPosted 11/28/2012 10:17:28 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

We're not all insane.

But as with most things, the general public only hear about the bad ones.

No, there is something wrong with bronies.
#36Stanger5150Posted 11/28/2012 10:24:51 PM
None. My unwillingness, or inability to understand a particular fanbase does not make them creepy. At the end of the day, they are hurting no one. I'm not a MLP fan, but comparing its fanbase to pedophiles is f****** wrong. If you judge a fanbase you don't understand, you're the one with the problem, not them.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#37I_caught_firePosted 11/28/2012 10:34:21 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

We're not all insane.

yeah, I mean grown men liking a show that is aimed at 5 year old girls is just...wtf.
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#38Stanger5150Posted 11/28/2012 10:36:55 PM
I_caught_fire posted...
Shineboxer posted...

We're not all insane.

yeah, I mean grown men liking a show that is aimed at 5 year old girls is just...wtf.

Again, YOU are the one with the problem, not them.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#39Raven_CyarmPosted 11/28/2012 10:38:43 PM
I_caught_fire posted...
Shineboxer posted...

We're not all insane.

Oh do please go on about how much you know about the target demographic of a show you've never even watched... it amuses me so :3
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#40Trailblazer34Posted 11/28/2012 10:47:24 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single clopper is beyond me.

Fixed and punctuated for emphasis :D