This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#41I_caught_firePosted 11/28/2012 11:48:25 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
I_caught_fire posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

We're not all insane.

But as with most things, the general public only hear about the bad ones.

No, there is something wrong with bronies.

yeah, I mean grown men liking a show that is aimed at 5 year old girls is just...wtf.

Oh do please go on about how much you know about the target demographic of a show you've never even watched... it amuses me so :3

Yeah... Well, I'd say a show about pretty little magical ponies is rather self explanatory. No guy who seriously likes this and claims to be well adjusted can redeem themselves. Idc what you say. You are all creeps.
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#42Trailblazer34Posted 11/28/2012 11:53:53 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
I_caught_fire posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Nothing, and I mean nothing beats those creepy ass My Little Pony guys...Why the FBI doesn't flag every single male fan is beyond me.

We're not all insane.

yeah, I mean grown men liking a show that is aimed at 5 year old girls is just...wtf.

Oh do please go on about how much you know about the target demographic of a show you've never even watched... it amuses me so :3

No matter how good the show is, and no matter how many staff from Cartoon Network's glory days gets roped into working on the show, in the general consensus, there is nothing more embarassing than manly men liking the girliest property of all time (not just sorta girly). It just feels so wrong, and is next to impossible to get used to, as this thread has demonstrated clearly. Bronies are annoying and weird, despite my best open mind. Its one of those weird things, makes you think.
#43DCarnagePosted 11/28/2012 11:56:57 PM
Pokemon... no need to explain.
#44MGS4SNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 11:59:23 PM
American JRPG fans who are fat.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#45KillfaceDingoPosted 11/28/2012 11:59:35 PM

What? The show is funny.

I don't see how it is any worse than dudes liking Sailor Moon or Power Puff Girls.

I like My Little Pony because it is a funny show.
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#46Stanger5150Posted 11/28/2012 11:59:41 PM
I_caught_fire posted...

Yeah... Well, I'd say a show about pretty little magical ponies is rather self explanatory. No guy who seriously likes this and claims to be well adjusted can redeem themselves. Idc what you say. You are all creeps.

You're the one acting like a goddamn child, not the MLP fans. You're just a typical example of the "if you don't like what I like, you're wrong" crowd. I'm not even a fan of MLP, but I know I don't have the right to judge the fans... So what's your excuse for thinking you do have the right?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#47MGS4SNAKEPosted 11/29/2012 12:02:06 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Men over 50 that sit in parked vans with candy hanging out the door.

Don't forget to add that extra pound and the thick glasses.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#48ShineboxerPosted 11/29/2012 12:02:24 AM
I_caught_fire posted...
Shineboxer posted...

We're not all insane.

the target demographic sure as hell isn't you, do not delude yourself otherwise. Your fascination is a mere perversion, nothing more.
#49Raven_CyarmPosted 11/29/2012 12:04:10 AM
I_caught_fire posted...

Here's the cover and here's you judging it.

Adult men can watch Disney and other family designed animations and it's fine. A man can choose to wear pink and it's fine. But god help you if you mix the two of them together, because somehow, you're a creep, according to the ironically "well adjusted" of the internet, lol

in the general consensus, there is nothing more embarassing than manly men liking the girliest property of all time (not just sorta girly).

And these are also the people who are generally homophobic and tend to use gay as an insult. Their opinions are pretty much worth less than the common populace.

It just feels so wrong,

Why? Because the opinions of others guides you to what you should like and not like? I'd say buckling to peer pressure is pretty wrong in of itself.

Bronies are annoying and weird, despite my best open mind.

It clearly isn't open enough.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#50KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 12:06:10 AM
Shineboxer posted...

the target demographic sure as hell isn't you, do not delude yourself otherwise. Your fascination is a mere perversion, nothing more.

The show is funny. How about watching a few episodes before talking about things you don't know about.

Also tons of shows are targeted at kids but are loved by many adults. You don't see people insulting fans of Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents, but because MLP is girly then people who like it must have something wrong with them right?

How about Batman the Animated Series, it was a cartoon on a kid's channel, it must have been aimed at kids and any adult who likes it must have something wrong with them right? oh no because its aimed at male kids it's okay.

Seriously, Batman TAS was aimed at kids and adults just like MLP, Spongebob, and tons and tons of other cartoons.

There is literally TONS of jokes in MLP kids would never get.
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?