This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#61ShineboxerPosted 11/29/2012 12:22:34 AM
I rather enjoy the anti MLP types.

So focused on putting down anybody that likes it. It's close to homophobia, in regards to irrational behaviour.

Someone likes MLP.........so?

Sexuality is irrelevant, why do these simple bronies believe that anti pony arguments are all steeped in gender values?
#62Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 12:25:11 AM
Soo defensive. Heh. I see. If I were to say that I was heads over heels in love with MLP, you would make me clarify by saying, "FIM right?" What if someone said that they liked, say, the original cartoons? Granted, they were generally mediocre at best, but you modern bronies would question their sanity, correct? I've seen hardcore FIM fanboys trash the original cartoons. Maybe if they had a more OPEN mind, they would find at least some worth in them(see what i'm getting at?). I'm not buckling to peer pressure, i'm saying that it IS okay to be a brony, just that it feels weird to consider FIM your favorite show of all time, and to be so forceful about it. And I respect gays so ******* much, the **** they have to go through, comparing them to the generally annoying bronies is an insult to them. If your a brony, try not to force it on anyone like what happened with me, and i'm sure we'll get along just fine :) I'm not endorsing the uninformed rants of some people on here, I have watched the show, and found absolutely NOTHING to hate.
#63I_caught_firePosted 11/29/2012 12:26:18 AM
I like how bronies always try to bring homophobia into the equation. It's like you're trying to add some depth to your spiel about not being closeted perverts.
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#64KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 12:28:49 AM
I_caught_fire posted...
I like how bronies always try to bring homophobia into the equation. It's like you're trying to add some depth to your spiel about not being closeted perverts.

There is nothing closeted about how perverted I am.

In fact I think I was legally supposed to mention I'm a sex offender in my first post of this thread.
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#65Eab1990Posted 11/29/2012 12:29:32 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Eab1990 posted...
This entire topic is trollbait. Not gonna bother with the anti-weeaboos.

As for MLP, I haven't watched it yet, though I have plenty of friends that do. It seems amusing enough. The only problem I have with the fanbase is how a lot of them like to shoehorn it into everything else they do. I can't go into a TF2 game without seeing someone named after one of the characters.

Why is someone's personal ID a problem? Mine came from an Ozzy album... Am I shoehorning Ozzy into everything? Everything we do, and everything we enjoy make up who we are... and as long as we aren't hurting others, it's ALL ok.

It was just a minor example, but even in TF2 alone, it doesn't stop at just the ID. Weapon names, sprays, entire servers styled after ponies... It gets out of hand really easily.
---
OT's Resident Pink-Hair/Imouto Lover
http://i.imgur.com/6J8s3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iJKsl.png
#66Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 12:29:56 AM
killak posted...
I rather enjoy the anti MLP types.

So focused on putting down anybody that likes it. It's close to homophobia, in regards to irrational behaviour.

Someone likes MLP.........so?

You are assuming that every anti brony thinks that they are closeted homo paedos. Not so. I simply am not impressed by the show. NOTHING MORE.
#67killakPosted 11/29/2012 12:31:27 AM

If you've ever had a discussion with someone that loathed homosexuals, you'd undestand what anti bronies sound like.

And yes, I know you'll take this opportunity to conflate MLP with homosexuality, but just know that i'm solely referring to the fact that homo bashers and bronie bashers are both irrational, and almost desperate to squash their preference.

And you know that people say about homophobic types.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#68killakPosted 11/29/2012 12:32:02 AM
You are assuming that every anti brony thinks that they are closeted homo paedos. Not so. I simply am not impressed by the show. NOTHING MORE.

Nope. Not assuming that at all.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok
#69TruentityPosted 11/29/2012 12:33:34 AM
I have never watched MLP before, is it like adventure time?
#70KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 12:34:56 AM
Truentity posted...
I have never watched MLP before, is it like adventure time?

eh not really. better comparisons would be powerpuff girls or fairly oddparents
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?