This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creepiest fanbase?

#71Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 12:35:29 AM
Truentity posted...
I have never watched MLP before, is it like adventure time?

MLP fans detest it when Adventure Time steals their thunder. They also can't take a joke about the quality or content of the series without getting *****.
#72KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 12:36:50 AM
Trailblazer34 posted...
Truentity posted...

MLP fans detest it when Adventure Time steals their thunder. They also can't take a joke about the quality or content of the series without getting *****.

Uh what? I love both shows lol
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#73Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 12:39:30 AM
KillfaceDingo posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...
Truentity posted...

People who like MLP but dont like/ havent watched AT. DUH.
#74Eab1990Posted 11/29/2012 12:40:09 AM
killak posted...
I like how bronies always try to bring homophobia into the equation. It's like you're trying to add some depth to your spiel about not being closeted perverts.

If you've ever had a discussion with someone that loathed homosexuals, you'd undestand what anti bronies sound like.

And yes, I know you'll take this opportunity to conflate MLP with homosexuality, but just know that i'm solely referring to the fact that homo bashers and bronie bashers are both irrational, and almost desperate to squash their preference.

And you know that people say about homophobic types.

I'm the opposite, I guess.

I know a few bronies who are bi, and I've had several IRL friends that were gay or transgender.
---
OT's Resident Pink-Hair/Imouto Lover
http://i.imgur.com/6J8s3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iJKsl.png
#75killakPosted 11/29/2012 12:41:33 AM
I'm the opposite, I guess.

I know a few bronies who are bi, and I've had several IRL friends that were gay or transgender.

Yeah, people like to do their own thing
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#76Raven_CyarmPosted 11/29/2012 12:44:04 AM(edited)
Trailblazer34 posted...
What if someone said that they liked, say, the original cartoons? Granted, they were generally mediocre at best, but you modern bronies would question their sanity, correct? I've seen hardcore FIM fanboys trash the original cartoons. Maybe if they had a more OPEN mind, they would find at least some worth in them(see what i'm getting at?).

I'd certainly inquire as to why they enjoyed it. This is where most people differ, I want to understand instead of immediately label. I can see the value in just about anything, with understanding on the subject. I personally find generic top 40's pop music horrible, yet I can appreciate why it's popular and why people enjoy it.

just that it feels weird to consider FIM your favorite show of all time, and to be so forceful about it.

Why? If a guy is a big Doctor Who fan who tries to get all his friends to watch it, it's in his avatar and name everywhere, he wears the shirts and all that, he's not strange, just passionate about his favorite show. It all really just comes down to the subject matter.

If it wasn't a show about candy colored ponies and everything was copied and pasted in a human based society, it wouldn't nearly be viewed as strangely. It's a stigmatism placed on the show by the previous generations of the series which have given it the name it has today.

comparing them to the generally annoying bronies is an insult to them.

Absolutely, I agree and I hate that we have to use it. But it's the closest thing we have to a real world example. If it were up to me, we'd have a lot more friendly of an alternative comparison.

If your a brony, try not to force it on anyone like what happened with me, and i'm sure we'll get along just fine :)

I can assure you, I'm certainly not one to force anything. I'll talk about it jokingly with non-bronies, answer questions if asked and I've used it as a name and avatar in various places that aren't brony related but that's about my length of exposure to other people of it. I won't spam chats or forums when it's not required, because I understand that it pisses people off.

I'm not endorsing the uninformed rants of some people on here, I have watched the show, and found absolutely NOTHING to hate.

And that's all anyone can ask. An opinion of someone who has actually seen it first hand instead of making up an opinion based on unsavory experiences or a pre-disposed hate of anything different.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#77KillfaceDingoPosted 11/29/2012 12:42:10 AM
Trailblazer34 posted...
KillfaceDingo posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...
Truentity posted...

People who like MLP but dont like/ havent watched AT. DUH.

Maybe there is a few elitist guys who would or something, but every fandom has people like that, it's not exclusive to MLP fans. Most MLP fans are just dudes who like the show, just like anyone else who likes any show.
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#78AugustDreamingPosted 11/29/2012 1:08:27 AM
Wow KillfaceDingo... I just read your post on the second page and you really know your MLP xD.

I've never seen the show but it's interesting how many references they've made.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#79XWolfOPosted 11/29/2012 1:14:57 AM
None of them. They all have that loud minority that makes everyone else look bad, but they're really not. Except for those people, of course.
---
It's-a me!
#80badboyPosted 11/29/2012 1:18:27 AM
atlus fanboys