This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a feeling we would get Bayonetta Sigma 2

#11ADHDguitarPosted 11/30/2012 11:04:31 AM
ozran posted...
No we wont be getting a Bayonetta Sigma 2 for one reason.

Nintendo is publishing the game meaning it is exclusive and will remain exclusive

---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#12Pereb27Posted 11/30/2012 11:19:24 AM
sephiroth068 posted...
^heck you can just look at Vesperia and Symphonia for that matter as well...though it might not be the best examples because their respective ports did not receive localization outside Japan

Those weren't published by the console manufacturer.
Also, Graces port did get localized.
The reason Symphonia and Vesperia didn't is that their first versions were already localized, and they don't care as much about the West getting the games since Japan is their main source of money.
#13ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/30/2012 11:25:56 AM
ozran posted...

Nintendo is publishing the game meaning it is exclusive and will remain exclusive

Microsoft published Mass Effect 1 and that's still coming to PS3.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#14ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/30/2012 11:36:07 AM
I hope so.
#15sephiroth068Posted 11/30/2012 11:41:19 AM
Pereb27 posted...
sephiroth068 posted...
^heck you can just look at Vesperia and Symphonia for that matter as well...though it might not be the best examples because their respective ports did not receive localization outside Japan

Those weren't published by the console manufacturer.
Also, Graces port did get localized.
The reason Symphonia and Vesperia didn't is that their first versions were already localized, and they don't care as much about the West getting the games since Japan is their main source of money.

They were in the US which is why i mentioned them, I.E Symphonia was published by Nintendo and Vesperia by Microsoft which is where I was going with this. Again though i did say they were not the best examples due to the fact they werent published by the console manufacturers in Japan

Also I didnt mention Graces because while yes it is a localized port of a Wii game on the PS3, we didnt get the original version so it doesnt really count in this context because while we technically did get a console port, it is exclusive to PS3 outside of Japan as the Wii version was never localized, and obviously wont be as its inferior to the PS3 version in practically every way
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#16SuperShadowAcePosted 11/30/2012 11:43:01 AM
-Damien- posted...
ozran posted...

See Ninja Gaiden or ME, it's easy to work around the contract

When they only published it. Nintendo is funding the entire thing so it will remain exclusive.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#17-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:16:40 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
-Damien- posted...
ozran posted...

See Ninja Gaiden or ME, it's easy to work around the contract

When they only published it. Nintendo is funding the entire thing so it will remain exclusive.

Did you not get the story of Ninja Gaiden?

MS funded and published the game, and all TN had to do was to make some adjustment and re-branded it so it became entirely different product --> Ninja Gaiden Sigma. TN was free to do so because Ninja Gaiden is their IP.

same case here Sega owns Bayonetta IP, all they have to do is 'tweaked' the code and re-brand, and voila it's a different product
#18mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 1:24:05 PM
Mass Effect was published by MS and it is coming to the PS3.

MS funded all of the GTA4 DLC yet it's still on the PS3.

Stop using stupid logic please people >.>
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#19FiendingHardPosted 11/30/2012 1:25:35 PM
Nintendo isn't just publishing Bayonetta 2, they're funding the development too from what I hear. I doubt they're going to let something they put money into go on another system.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3
#20SuperShadowAcePosted 11/30/2012 2:55:16 PM
There's also the fact that Kamiya has wanted to make a Star Fox game for a long time and I doubt flipping of Nintendo by porting it to another system would be a good idea. He may not run Platinum but he has a lot of power.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.