This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

JRPGs with the power of love and friendship.

#1KevoCSCSPosted 11/29/2012 8:17:38 AM
This seems to be a pretty common trope amongst JRPGs and I'll admit I have played some older JRPGs that use this cliche like Lunar 2 and Final Fantasy VI. They're quite cringeworthy but they're still kind of funny in how cheesy they are.

Anyone mind telling me JRPGs where they've come across this theme?
#2arczero_xPosted 11/29/2012 8:19:33 AM
Persona 3 and 4
Final Fantasy IV, VII, VIII, IX, X
Lunar Silver Star Story
Tales of Eternia

Pretty much all JRPGs, I guess
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#3SayoriaPosted 11/29/2012 8:19:47 AM
Tales of Graces F easily. Ar Tonelico Qoga in a way too. Both are amusing in their own ways. You know you are off for a ride once you meet Mute in ATQ though.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#4ComfortablySadPosted 11/29/2012 8:22:05 AM
Tales of Graces F and the last Star Ocean game...Last Hope I think it's called. Gag inducing friendship conquers all moments on both.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#5AlltraPosted 11/29/2012 8:22:42 AM
All of them.....

No seriously, what JRPG DOESN'T use those themes?
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#6KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:23:16 AM
arczero_x posted...
Persona 3 and 4
Final Fantasy IV, VII, VIII, IX, X
Lunar Silver Star Story
Tales of Eternia

Pretty much all JRPGs, I guess

Persona 3 & 4?

See, I knew it!

Every weeaboo nerd keeps telling me the Persona games break all JRPG stereotypes but I knew just looking at the main characters who were pretty boys and schoolgirls that it really is just another Otaku game.
#7KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:24:13 AM
Alltra posted...
All of them.....

No seriously, what JRPG DOESN'T use those themes?

It's just funny how when your party is against all odds, all hope seems lost but they just decide to believe in themselves and their friends! So long as they believe they can do ANYTHING!
#8AlltraPosted 11/29/2012 8:24:24 AM
Probably because it's a trait of JRPGs. You can't have a JRPG without the cliche "Love and Friendship" theme. If it doesn't have those themes, it's not a JRPG.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#9KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:26:41 AM
Alltra posted...
Probably because it's a trait of JRPGs. You can't have a JRPG without the cliche "Love and Friendship" theme. If it doesn't have those themes, it's not a JRPG.

It's just soooo cheesy though.
#10VicsthebestPosted 11/29/2012 8:29:45 AM
Black Ops 2