This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TALES OF XILLIA who's buying?

#61TehAssasinPosted 11/29/2012 8:50:00 PM
Day 1. Game's gonna be good. Haters gonna hate.
#62peter_888Posted 11/29/2012 8:53:51 PM
Aalvi posted...
themegaman7 posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
themegaman7 posted...
Well poo, I unbiasedly find SO's battle system better, and no I haven't played those games you refer to, but I've played enough Tales games to know not to care.

No, you don't. It's impossible to unbiasedly think ANY SO game has a superior battle system to a Team Destiny Tales game.

If you haven't played them, then you wouldn't know, would you? Let's use some common sense here.

Okay. I've played Phantasia, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Abyss & Graces F. I like the battle system in Star Ocean 2 & 4 (the ones I've played) better than any of those Tales games. Better?

Well based on what you listed, SO4 is arguably better than all of those since the battle systems are extremly similar. Also, if you didn't know they are similar because the people that made Tales of Phantasia founded tri-ace.

Tales of Vesperia is the game that would change your mind, it compares well to SO4, more than Tales of Graces f(which some may like or not like, I found it very restricting).

Still find it strange that you prefer the SO battle system, you can attach more moves and combo more in Tales. In SO2, you can only have 2 moves at one time and in SO4 iirc it was 2 different sets of three moves. In TOV PS3, it goes from 8-16 and when you go into overlimit you can use any move from any move with no delay(hard to explain).

not really sure how he would like TOV as much as SO battle system if he likes it better than abyss. Vesperia combat system is basically just a refined version of abyss.
anyway, I guess opinons as I found TOGF combat system to be better than SO4.(that and I probably of the opinion that Graces got the best combat system in the 3d tales game)
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#63confettistormPosted 11/30/2012 1:51:03 PM
Most anticipated title.
#64DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 1:52:25 PM
Day 1.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#65DarkFoxVPosted 11/30/2012 1:53:29 PM
I'll pick it up, but not on day 1.

$60 is a lot for me right now, and still will be then.
---
I am the true king of MMBN world all who defy me will be deleted in by the hands of my navies Kyanbu.EXE and Raias.EXE MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
#66Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/30/2012 1:57:16 PM
Is it coming to the US? And if so, Yes, I looks pretty good.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#67Ryan SiPosted 11/30/2012 1:58:05 PM
I own Tales of Graces f and was interested in Xillia, but honestly I just don't think I have the patience to play RPGs anymore.

I just have too many other interests/things going on at 25, I just can't sit down and play the same game for hours and hours like when I was a kid playing SNES/PS1 RPGs all the time.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#68TiaelPosted 11/30/2012 1:59:06 PM
Ryan Si posted...
I own Tales of Graces f and was interested in Xillia, but honestly I just don't think I have the patience to play RPGs anymore.

I just have too many other interests/things going on at 25, I just can't sit down and play the same game for hours and hours like when I was a kid playing SNES/PS1 RPGs all the time.

Oh come on, I'm 28 and still play RPGs for hours upon hours plus there's work, cuddles with the lady, and going out.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#69abnergoinbigPosted 11/30/2012 2:01:46 PM
This is actually the first tales game im interested in enough to want on day one.
#70toadiemanPosted 11/30/2012 2:03:54 PM
*looks at screenshots of the game

Hm, this one looks a bit more.... grown up compared to Tales of Graces. Good, I may get it.
---
PSN: toadieman