This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fighting genre needs a a return of...

#21FiendingHardPosted 11/29/2012 4:59:41 PM
Alltra posted...
The fighting genre needs to be simplified.

Honestly I feel like Super Smash Bros Melee was the perfect way to do a fighting game. The game's move sets were so simple to use, and you didn't have all this BS convoluted counters, blocks, breaks, counters to counters/blocks/breaks, super moves, counter super moves, counter-counter super moves, ect....

..and despite it's simplicity, it still had a great deal of depth and balance, although it still wasn't perfect, but you can work on that.

Capcom fighters aren't exactly complicated either. quarter-circle and shoryuken motions are like second nature to anyone who's ever played a fighting game.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3
#22ManOfChapPosted 11/29/2012 5:00:17 PM
servb0ts posted...
Bushido Blade

---
How the topic creator hasn't closed this topic yet is beyond me, but that user should consider it.
#23majin nemesisPosted 11/29/2012 5:56:46 PM
Evil Zone
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#24KatonPosted 11/29/2012 5:58:28 PM
servb0ts posted...
Rival Schools & Bushido Blade need to return.

I definitely agree with this. I can probably live without Primal Rage.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#25Chr0noidPosted 11/29/2012 6:00:22 PM
I second Bushido Blade and add in Bloody Roar
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#26NthPosted 11/29/2012 6:13:56 PM
ManOfChap posted...
servb0ts posted...
Bushido Blade

Definitely Bushido Blade. We really need a good weapons vs weapons fighter again. Anyone remember Weapon Lord? That had awesome blocking, parrying and even weapon collision. You could also sequence a combo right into a killing move like decapitation or disembowelment.
---
"Evil is a by-product of nature's strategies for creation and that is woven into our most basic biological fabric." - The Lucifer Principle
#27_V1Posted 11/29/2012 6:38:12 PM
Clay fighters
---
Try harder next time,
Good day sir/s
#28JonvandammPosted 11/29/2012 6:44:59 PM
Yie Ar Kung Fu with a versus mode
Karate Champ
A new Tobal
Samurai Shodown
Fatal Fury
World Heroes
---
"Target verified. Commencing hostilities."
#29Kage_AM2Posted 11/29/2012 6:47:42 PM
The video game industry is too corporate. If it can't sell to a mass audience then it won't get made. A prehistoric dinosaur won't sell to anyone so it won't get made.