This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the most angry you have gotten over a game?

#41KaliestoPosted 11/30/2012 12:04:51 AM
I got mad at Super Smash Brothers Melee back in my middle school days, and I literally smashed the disc and broke it.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#42KaliestoPosted 11/30/2012 12:08:50 AM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
WAW on veteran.

Anyone who has played WAW on veteran shares my pain.

I got so mad, i put the controller down multiple times to take a break from the torture.

I hated that mode, especially towards the very end when you TRY to storm the Reich HQ. Took me so many damn tries, I decided to say **** it, I'm storming this *****, and somehow it worked.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#43LTR450racerPosted 11/30/2012 1:19:20 AM
Many controllers were sacrificed in pure rage to clan battles on Socom back in the day. I don't rage like I used to and have become much more patient. The most recent about 3 years ago was guitar hero while trying to beat Freebird by lynard skynard on expert. After getting through the part I always failed at I managed to forget how to play and slow my fingers down to the correct speed and failed very close to the end. I remember slowly getting up trying to keep my composure but caved to the anger and launched my guitar across the room like a Barry bonds home run and broke the piece with the buttons off the guitar. I bought a new one and beat that damn song about two weeks later and it was the single best feeling of accomplishment I have ever had in gaming, even better than all the rpg's I have ever played.
---
PSN...USAF-Kunty
#44NessEggmanPosted 11/30/2012 1:28:52 AM
I never believe anyone who says they break the game disc to a game they are angry at. Anyone who is so angry at a game that they would break their own possessions would obviously have had lost a lot of control to their anger. You would break something near you (drinking glass, game controller, etc.) You would not get up, walk over to your console, eject the disc, and THEN unleash your rage. That's way too controlled.

If you break your disc "in anger" you're either doing it for attention and not really that angry, or you're lying and the disc was never broken, or you broke the disc some other way and then blamed it on anger to make a more interesting story (and again, get attention).

Anyway, I have become frustrated and yelled at the television before, but I more do it in fun (when other people are around, to get attention for it and make them laugh). If I was not around other people, the most I would do in anger over a game was feel annoyed and play another game or take a break from playing games and have a snack or laze around on the computer.
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#45peter_888Posted 11/30/2012 1:38:58 AM
Fire emblem RNG moments

YEAH
oh RNG goddess you are a cruel mistress
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#46shift411Posted 11/30/2012 2:01:23 AM
I've bruised my right hand when I punched a wall before and the game that made me that mad was NBA 2K11

Now when I get mad I just say "c'mon!" or "you've got to be f***ing kidding me"
---
"Ah, yes the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it" Rafiki
#47SophisticationPosted 11/30/2012 2:05:31 AM
Seriously? How uncivilized and barbaric... getting mad over a video game? A past time... something created to bring joy, pleasure and happiness. How unsophisticated of you all to allow yourselves to get to the stage where you transcend the games meaning and start inflicting harm upon thee -- To beat oneself about the neck and face... Well that's just the height of pandemonium lunacy.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#48ashcrvPosted 11/30/2012 2:06:45 AM
I got mad at Mario when I was a kid. I broke the controller because I hit my head with it. I told myself never again. It's so not worth it.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#49KDogg1800Posted 11/30/2012 2:22:10 AM
WAW on veteran.

Anyone who has played WAW on veteran shares my pain.

I got so mad, i put the controller down multiple times to take a break from the torture.

Doing this pissed me off so bad that I had leave the house for the day. Those infinite grenade storms by those Flak cannons were brutal. I came back the next day and FINALLY beat it. I will NEVER put myself through that torture again.

Killzone 2 on Elite was another pain in the ass. Radec was absolutely ridiculous. I stopped playing it for 6 months because of him. Came back and beat it after about two tries. Another torture I will NEVER put myself through.

Mike Tyson in Punchout on the NES made me cry tears of frustration when I was a kid. I remember one time I knocked him down more times than he did me and I swore I'd finally won by decision. Nope..piece of **** still won. I kicked my NES, chucked the controller across the room and went outside to play with my friends. I became the hulk when I lost to him and wanted to smash things around me. To this day I have never beat him. He pissed me off so bad that I ended up borrowing my cousin's game genie to beat his ass down.

Online COD and Madden generally gets me angry at times but usually I just turn it off and go do something else.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#50-AnubisPosted 11/30/2012 2:24:58 AM
The most angry I have ever gotten was probably when I was yelling at the screen a few years back. Thankfully, I stopped doing that. It's bad enough that people think I'm crazy already. No need to give them more reasons to think that.
---
Pickles and stuff.