This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the most angry you have gotten over a game?

#51SophisticationPosted 11/30/2012 2:25:32 AM
KDogg1800 posted...
WAW on veteran.

Anyone who has played WAW on veteran shares my pain.

I got so mad, i put the controller down multiple times to take a break from the torture.

Doing this pissed me off so bad that I had leave the house for the day. Those infinite grenade storms by those Flak cannons were brutal. I came back the next day and FINALLY beat it. I will NEVER put myself through that torture again.

Killzone 2 on Elite was another pain in the ass. Radec was absolutely ridiculous. I stopped playing it for 6 months because of him. Came back and beat it after about two tries. Another torture I will NEVER put myself through.

Mike Tyson in Punchout on the NES made me cry tears of frustration when I was a kid. I remember one time I knocked him down more times than he did me and I swore I'd finally won by decision. Nope..piece of **** still won. I kicked my NES, chucked the controller across the room and went outside to play with my friends. I became the hulk when I lost to him and wanted to smash things around me. To this day I have never beat him. He pissed me off so bad that I ended up borrowing my cousin's game genie to beat his ass down.

Online COD and Madden generally gets me angry at times but usually I just turn it off and go do something else.

A true sophistocrat should and would know that in Mike Tyson's Punch out for the Nintendo entertainment gaming system -- One cannot beat the hometown favorite in decision. This was clearly labeled in the beautifully illustrated booklet that came with the game. No matter how many rounds you fought him, no matter how many times you knocked him down -- the judges would always claim he won. The same could be said for super Macho and Soda Popinski.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#52killakPosted 11/30/2012 2:28:53 AM
Mike Tyson in Punchout on the NES made me cry tears of frustration when I was a kid. I remember one time I knocked him down more times than he did me and I swore I'd finally won by decision. Nope..piece of **** still won. I kicked my NES, chucked the controller across the room and went outside to play with my friends. I became the hulk when I lost to him and wanted to smash things around me. To this day I have never beat him. He pissed me off so bad that I ended up borrowing my cousin's game genie to beat his ass down.

Funny that you mentioned that game, because the instruction manual contained a quote

"anger clouds the mind"

And in regards to gaming, i've stood by it since that day. Any time I get stuck in a game and get frustrated as hell, I know i'm not going to beat it until I chillax.

To this day, it's always paid off. And I beat Mike Tyson on my NES. All it took was landing my first punch, for me to see that he wasn't unbeatable (prior to that i'd never landed a hit on him)
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#53Garr-Posted 11/30/2012 2:29:23 AM
I flipped the table. Literally. With my feet. I got mad and tripped and took the table with me. It broke. I was supposed to pay for it, but I just fixed it instead.
#54XWolfOPosted 11/30/2012 2:44:56 AM
I got so angry I bit my cousin. I was 8 and I got slapped so hard. That sure told me not to get that upset over a video game. Heh. If only someone slapped every angry little kid online like that.
---
It's-a me!
#55Seifer_usPosted 11/30/2012 4:38:37 AM
My worst moment was trying to do all the courses in mirror mode on Mario Kart: Double Dash. The computer was being insanely cheap and I had just been playing for so long trying to unlock everything that my anger boiled up to a pure rage and I yelled "YOU PIECE OF F***!!" at the top of my lungs and flung the controller as hard as I could into the wall. It literally exploded into about a hundred pieces. My blood pressure started to drop back down almost immediately and I let out a sheepish, "Oh s***." before chastising myself for losing control. In a way it worked out okay, though. I eventually replaced it with a fourth Wavebird for my 'Cube.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#56byrocracyPosted 11/30/2012 8:11:42 AM
iTossSalads posted...
My homeboy beat me with a lucky half court 3 pointer at the buzzer in NBA 2K12. I got so mad I punched him in the face and broke his nose and he cried LOL. We laugh about it now though.

Now he won't sit anywhere near you during a game haha.
---
What are you waiting for? Christmas?
#57D_Rich_KingPosted 11/30/2012 8:18:01 AM(edited)
NY Minute Mode on Max Payne 3 drove me nuts, especially when I died near the end of a level I'd spent hours trying to beat. God it felt good when I completed it.
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#58Godly_GoofPosted 11/30/2012 8:20:45 AM
WoW every time I saw patch notes that nerfed every one off my characters and buffed every other one. Which playing as a retadin in WOTLK was EVERY patch. And I just took out my anger by continuing our 4k PVP 2v2 and 3v3 rating. That or just playing my DK and roflcopter owning damn near everything player boss or enemy alike since they just kept getting more OP as the expansion went on :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#59glory of power metalPosted 11/30/2012 8:59:21 AM
When I was younger I would throw and break controllers sometimes.

I haven't done anything in an act of video game rage for probably 6 or 7 years until I just played Uncharted 2 for the first and caught myself right before throwing the controller though my TV. I kinda fumbled and lightly tossed it, but it was close. God did that game piss me off, I can't wait to never play it again.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#60gambit444Posted 11/30/2012 9:14:02 AM
My nephew started a new game over my 70+ pokemon red save. I don't ever destroy my stuff. why would i destroy a controller then have to pay another $60 for a new one? Thats just punishing myself further.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald