This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC and NT are a joke, NT needs a new genre this one isnt cut out for them

#1velvet_hammerPosted 11/29/2012 1:57:26 PM(edited)
The new DmC has been casualized to hell and back.

1. Crappy slow 30 fps makes slow combat and gameplay ( theres a reason the greatest action hack&slash games are 60 fps )
2. Unreal engine SUCKS for this genre and it shows badly
3. Not nearly as many enemies on screen ( thanks unreal )
4. Aerial combat is now a joke.. Instead of using timed juggles and moves at the right time to stay airborn ( or airborn the enemy ).. Now you float in air like I'm some Thanksgiving day parade blimp. More casualization
5. No lock on., LMFAO
6. Alt weapon buttons now have to be held down.. Extremely counter intuitive.. Should be toggle like past DMCs
7. The grab and pull do not belong in this game
8. Demo level was extremely basic and lol worthy as level design.. Why is so much enslaved crap doing in my DMC..
9. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TO EASY.. This is not DMC
10. Boss is a complete joke.. When you can SSSS on hardest difficulty with only one weapon and no damage ( only 2 min) the game is BROKE.. You cant even SS any boss from previous versions with just one weapon attack..
11. Again the style meter is off the wall garbage.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvXYnDdnR4 ) just read the description then watch that 20 second video. What more proof is needed?
12. Did I mention crap slow gameplay and 30 fps do not belong? This even ruins things like dodge when you clearly get away you still sometimes take damage due to no frams left..

Game was a fail from the start

DmC casualized
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2CrimsonGear80Posted 11/29/2012 1:49:09 PM
New and original....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#3iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/29/2012 1:49:21 PM
Devil May Cry was a joke after 3.
#4velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:51:39 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
New and original....

so your saying my opinion is like many others? Sorry I actually took time to take this demo apart from top to bottom.. Put in plenty of time so my complaints are justified.. I even popped in DMC3 today and played last 3 levels again ( one of the last levels has you beat ALL the bosses again )

These are non biased and correct assessments
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#5Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/29/2012 2:06:54 PM
1. The framerate does not make the combat slow, lol. It has nothing to do with it.
2. The unreal engine works fine in this game.
3. There are just as many enemies on screen.
4. You don't float in the air unless you use moves designed to allow you to do so. You can still get creative with juggles.
5. True, but not that big of a deal. Auto lock works fine.
6. Get used to the controls, maybe? Why is this a big deal? Before you had to hold lock on or DT. Sometimes both.
7. Says who? It fits this kind of game and it was already introduced with DMC4.
8. Normal hater comment.
9. Like DMC4?
10. If you use the correct and most efficient method of taking the boss down, why complain about it?
11. How so?
12. You obviously didn't get away then, huh?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#6velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:08:11 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
1. The framerate does not make the combat slow, lol. It has nothing to do with it.
2. The unreal engine works fine in this game.
3. There are just as many enemies on screen.
4. You don't float in the air unless you use moves designed to allow you to do so. You can still get creative with juggles.
5. True, but not that big of a deal. Auto lock works fine.
6. Get used to the controls, maybe? Why is this a big deal? Before you had to hold lock on or DT. Sometimes both.
7. Says who? It fits this kind of game and it was already introduced with DMC4.
8. Normal hater comment.
9. Like DMC4?
10. If you use the correct and most efficient method of taking the boss down, why complain about it?
11. How so?
12. You obviously didn't get away then, huh?

lol most fail list ever, and I stopped at #1
---
#7CrimsonGear80Posted 11/29/2012 2:14:55 PM
so your saying my opinion is like many others?

Yes, many others have the same failed opinions.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#8InhorealistiPosted 11/29/2012 2:17:59 PM
I saw friend playing demo of DmC & i can say it smelled,looked & felt bad/wrong. It will fail & if it doesn't... God help us all....
#9velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:18:33 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
so your saying my opinion is like many others?

Yes, many others have the same failed opinions.

more like nice fail logic.. As an opinion cant be wrong, ON TOP of that 95% of the things I listed are facts

put that in your pipe and smoke it
---
#10LostSoulCaliburPosted 11/29/2012 2:49:35 PM
I've been a gigantic DMC fan since I played the demo of the first one.
I thought I was going to hate the demo.

I tried it, and honestly, the gameplay was fine.
Sure the new Dante still looks stupid, but at least they gave him an alright voice.
Virgil + Fedora = COOL
---
http://agaminggenesis.wordpress.com/
Video Game Reviews, Editorials, Impressions, and more!