This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man Kills Infant Child Because of PS3

#101darkshadowmasterPosted 11/30/2012 7:36:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#102king_maddenPosted 11/30/2012 7:52:14 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I guess two more and he gets to call in a UAV.

On a serious note though, from the sounds of these two "Parents" and the home situation in general, it's probably better that that kid died a quick and painless death than to have to endure an entire upbringing in that place, and then for the world to have to endure them as a result.

Dude seriously? What's wrong with you people? There are a lot of people who come from terrible upbringing or bad situations and succeed in life. A lot end up very humble and hard working and credit their rough childhood. So to say a child is better off dead is quite ignorant. What about the spoiled kids who grow up in rich households that turn into drug heads, or turn into "gangsters" growing up trying to prove they tough? Are they better off dead too?
#103servb0tsPosted 11/30/2012 7:58:12 AM
Both Sad & Pathetic. It pisses me off when imature adults make kids they don't intend on raising while other mature adults try desperately to have and cherish kids.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#104theshovellerPosted 11/30/2012 8:04:05 AM
SoraSkyLord posted...
“I know he loves to play PlayStation,” said Alston. “He’s not mature enough to have a family.”

Anyone else see this as the biggest thing in the article? It's not so much about "he killed his kid because of Playstation," but "he killed his kid because he's not mentally mature enough to take care of another living, breathing humanoid." Hell, I'm addicted to games, but I still have enough sense to put them down when a kid I'm babysitting is crying, or to take a second and cool it after a frustrating session of a game. Kid didn't do anything wrong - he's trying to get his needs met in the only way he knows how, by screaming his head off.

I kind of knew it was going to be something like this when I started reading the article, though - I think 20 is too young to have kids (at least nowadays.) People seem to mature a hell of a lot slower where it matters now, compared to at least ten or fifteen years ago. They're quick to want to be treated like adults and wanting cell phones and crap, but where it counts - child rearing, manners, moderation with things like alcohol - it all seems to go out the window.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, sorry.
#105king_maddenPosted 11/30/2012 8:39:22 AM
servb0ts posted...
Both Sad & Pathetic. It pisses me off when imature adults make kids they don't intend on raising while other mature adults try desperately to have and cherish kids.

For all you know the baby could've been a mistake and they didn't believe in abortion. True the baby ended up dying anyway, but was a mistake. Nothing to get pissed off about, or you would be a fairly angry person all day. Maybe the mother planned on raising the child. Mature and immature people can plan to have and cherish kids, sometimes things change after it happens though.
#106muggyPosted 11/30/2012 8:39:22 AM
theshoveller posted...
SoraSkyLord posted...
“I know he loves to play PlayStation,” said Alston. “He’s not mature enough to have a family.”

Anyone else see this as the biggest thing in the article? It's not so much about "he killed his kid because of Playstation," but "he killed his kid because he's not mentally mature enough to take care of another living, breathing humanoid." Hell, I'm addicted to games, but I still have enough sense to put them down when a kid I'm babysitting is crying, or to take a second and cool it after a frustrating session of a game. Kid didn't do anything wrong - he's trying to get his needs met in the only way he knows how, by screaming his head off.

I kind of knew it was going to be something like this when I started reading the article, though - I think 20 is too young to have kids (at least nowadays.) People seem to mature a hell of a lot slower where it matters now, compared to at least ten or fifteen years ago. They're quick to want to be treated like adults and wanting cell phones and crap, but where it counts - child rearing, manners, moderation with things like alcohol - it all seems to go out the window.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, sorry.

You can read her statement another way though. She could mean that because of his love of playstation, he is not mature enough to love his family.
#107glory of power metalPosted 11/30/2012 8:47:27 AM
Alston nevertheless described Frazier as a loving father who was proud at the recent birth of his son.

I'm sure Hitler also had the utmost respect for the Jewish people, they just caught him on a bad day.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#108Still__RippinPosted 11/30/2012 8:54:58 AM
Any decrease in the population is A-O.K. In my book. And if his genes were anything like his fathers I say we may have dodged a bullet.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#109You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/30/2012 9:17:23 AM
See? Still_Rippin gets it!
#110BigTlovesBEERPosted 11/30/2012 9:21:28 AM
He killed a child because he was mentally incapable of being a responsible parent and handling a child. IMO, PS3 has nothing to do with it.