This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man Kills Infant Child Because of PS3

#141TexnophilePosted 11/30/2012 2:48:41 PM
Kuebel33 posted...

I hear what you're saying, but my point is whether he planned to hit the baby in the face or not, before he even swung that punch he should have already known in his head there was a serious chance he could kill the kid because he's an adult and it's a baby.

It's definitely a fine line, but I guess I mean, if he punched me in the face, ok second degree because 99.9999999999% I'm going to survive that punch.

Punch a newborn? I dunno. 99.99999999999% the baby will die.

anyhow, he must really love his playstation like his father in law said.

Thing is, I don't think he was really even thinking about that. Planning is pretty much what differentiates 1st and 2nd degree murder. He still deserves to be locked up and never see the light of day though.

You are right. Newborn is a lot more likely to die. I still don't think he considered the the consequences of his action (probably because he was angry/annoyed).

What I can't understand for the life of me is why his girlfriend didn't call the cops asap. It makes no sense that she would protect someone who killed a baby.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#142JacknicklsonPosted 11/30/2012 2:51:24 PM
Dude should be punched in the face to death
Still sad by this story :(

Why did I read it??!!!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/LegendofJerZ.png
#143rahmed51387Posted 11/30/2012 5:52:55 PM
EzraGenesis posted...
I'll never understand inmates who look down on other inmates that had crimes involved with children. You're both criminals. Both locked in the same place. What makes someone better than a child murderer? Maybe its just me, but a human life is a human life.

Not all crimes are equally destructive/intended on harming others. Some may actually have justifiable intentions behind their crimes. Hypothetical example:

Let's say a guy needs to get money to pay for hospital bills for a critical surgery to save his wife or kid. He finds he cannot do it by conventional means and has to resort to something drastic, like robbing a bank. Let's say he fails, and is therefore arrested and sent to prison. There's a good chance that he knew the risks of him going to prison, but he decided the health of his ailed loved one is worth the possible reward.

Let's assume this guy is sent to that very prison, and these two meet, discussing "what they're in for." Guy tells story above, and then this guy says that he punched his own kid in the face and killed him because he was being a nuisance. Honestly, the intentions are COMPLETELY different.

NOTE: I'm NOT condoning the idea of robbing banks or killing children. Both are crimes, and hurt society in some way. Most people commit crimes because they feel that society has somehow dealt them the short straw, and are trying to compensate for it. (My POV on bank robber example).

But there's a big difference when you commit a crime for improving your life versus committing a crime simply because it was an annoyance at the time.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#144Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 5:54:42 PM
typical pstriple gamer
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#145rahmed51387Posted 11/30/2012 5:56:44 PM
theshoveller posted...
SoraSkyLord posted...
“I know he loves to play PlayStation,” said Alston. “He’s not mature enough to have a family.”

Anyone else see this as the biggest thing in the article? It's not so much about "he killed his kid because of Playstation," but "he killed his kid because he's not mentally mature enough to take care of another living, breathing humanoid." Hell, I'm addicted to games, but I still have enough sense to put them down when a kid I'm babysitting is crying, or to take a second and cool it after a frustrating session of a game. Kid didn't do anything wrong - he's trying to get his needs met in the only way he knows how, by screaming his head off.

I'm in agreement. There's no telling if that's exactly how it was said or intended, but it's easy to see by reading that quote how someone might interpret that as "loving video games = immaturity". There are countless examples where this is not true, even proven by some of the parents of children that posted in this topic. This is another classic example of public misinterpretation.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#146king_maddenPosted 11/30/2012 6:43:01 PM
rahmed51387 posted...
theshoveller posted...
SoraSkyLord posted...
“I know he loves to play PlayStation,” said Alston. “He’s not mature enough to have a family.”

Anyone else see this as the biggest thing in the article? It's not so much about "he killed his kid because of Playstation," but "he killed his kid because he's not mentally mature enough to take care of another living, breathing humanoid." Hell, I'm addicted to games, but I still have enough sense to put them down when a kid I'm babysitting is crying, or to take a second and cool it after a frustrating session of a game. Kid didn't do anything wrong - he's trying to get his needs met in the only way he knows how, by screaming his head off.

I'm in agreement. There's no telling if that's exactly how it was said or intended, but it's easy to see by reading that quote how someone might interpret that as "loving video games = immaturity". There are countless examples where this is not true, even proven by some of the parents of children that posted in this topic. This is another classic example of public misinterpretation.

I'm not sure how that misinterpreted in any other way than what they said the guy wasn't mature enough for a family. If you see more than that you are just looking for a reason to be upset.

Shoveller its very easy to sit back and say "oh I'm this way so why isn't the next person" we all have our issuse and differences some obviously way more extreme than the next, but we don't all handle situations the same whether you're mature or immature.
#147ViietNam1Posted 11/30/2012 6:45:24 PM
This is no worse than Loli gamers, once they hit their 40's. The kidnappings begin.
#148Ivajosh10Posted 11/30/2012 7:24:19 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Hope he gets banned.

Win.
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#149muggyPosted 11/30/2012 7:42:16 PM
EzraGenesis posted...
I'll never understand inmates who look down on other inmates that had crimes involved with children. You're both criminals. Both locked in the same place. What makes someone better than a child murderer? Maybe its just me, but a human life is a human life.

The difference is most men in prison have a child somewhere, and the last thing they want to hear about is a child harmed. An inmate is defenseless to protect their child on the outside. Once a child rapist/murderer enters prison, they don't want that person re-entering society.

What makes someone better than a child murderer?

Everything
#150EzraGenesisPosted 11/30/2012 7:55:30 PM
Okay, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis