This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever quit a whole genre, or a series you previously played a bit?

#1Shinra-ArmyPosted 11/29/2012 7:26:24 PM
I decided to quit RTS, I suck at it and it'll open up more time for my fighting games. You?
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#2arstosPosted 11/29/2012 7:44:15 PM
i quit playing resident evil and final fantasy last gen because i didn't like the direction they were taking the series. i still rent the new games to see if i can enjoy them, so far i've been disappointed. looks like castlevania is going to join the list if lord of shadows is the future of the series
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII
#3You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/29/2012 7:47:39 PM
I used to love RPGs, Final Fantasy style I mean. JRPGs I guess they're known as now. Stopped playing them when Enix got their hands on Square and ruined Final Fantasy, and then the current gen seemed to just stop producing that old style RPG that I enjoyed. Haven't played one since Final Fantasy X.
#4TehTrumpCardPosted 11/29/2012 8:45:26 PM
I think I'm done playing Puzzle/Adventure games as SotC truly tried my patience.

After playing Tekken and DoA4 I'm done playing fighters.

After playing the PS3 version of Skyrim I stopped playing Western-styled RPGs. (Funny because I really enjoyed the PS3 Oblivion which made me get the PS3 version of Skyrim).
---
"Set your dreams high, and make them come true. You can aim higher than this, much higher!"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#5toadiemanPosted 11/29/2012 8:52:19 PM
I pretty much quit fighting games. I was never that good at them.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6SnoogleDumplingPosted 11/29/2012 10:01:41 PM
I've completely quit FPS honestly I just don't get the appeal of it now I thought they were fantastic when I was 13 and tried to be one of the "cool" kids who liked guns and action. Now that I'm older and don't have personal issues I just don't care in the slightest bit for the genre and no FPS that I've played recently at a friends house has really piqued my interest. I like pretty much every other genre of game though. Oh and you might as well put Third Person Shooters in there too. Only shooters I play now are either Shoot em ups or twin stick shooters.
#7echa_OnePosted 11/29/2012 10:03:40 PM
I quit FPS after I got a headache after about 30 minutes of playing. It was my first attempt on FPS, too. Oh, the game was Counter Strike back in the year 2000.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#8TheBorderColliePosted 11/29/2012 10:24:23 PM
looks like castlevania is going to join the list if lord of shadows is the future of the series

Blasphemy!!!

I think I'm done playing Puzzle/Adventure games as SotC truly tried my patience.

After playing Tekken and DoA4 I'm done playing fighters.

After playing the PS3 version of Skyrim I stopped playing Western-styled RPGs. (Funny because I really enjoyed the PS3 Oblivion which made me get the PS3 version of Skyrim).

At that rate, you'll be out of games to play within a year or so.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#9AXKSIONPosted 11/29/2012 10:58:43 PM
I used to love Mariokart (64 and SNES versions), and the Wipeout series, but no longer like them or any racers.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#10SophisticationPosted 11/29/2012 11:00:15 PM
I quit uncharted after playing the horrible and repugnant Uncharted 3... Won't ever be going back to it, either. What a puddle of the excrement.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.