This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that Activision has successfully milked and ran two genre's into the ground

#1SophisticationPosted 11/30/2012 12:17:33 AM
What genre do you think they will opt for next?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/29/analyst-black-ops-2-sales-a-cause-for-concern-downgrades-act/

Although not alone in the PPB demise and surely they weren't alone in the PAAGG downfall that is fast approaching, they are one of the most flagrant offenders.

I, for one, see the absurd sales of COD and shakes my head in disappointment -- Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe I'm alone, but I just can't connect with a gun on a screen shooting things no more than I could connect with pushing plastic buttons on cheaply shaped instruments.

It's just not for me. As a musician, if I wanna play guitar -- This Sophistocrat <--- He's gonna play guitar. Not push buttons on an absurd piece of plastic.

I think, now more than ever, they are realizing they've milked the genre and are probably scrambling for something to work as a contingency plan. I believe gamers got fed up... I think this is the final straw. It sold crazy good still, but it's on the decline and next year we might even see it slip to record lows.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#2UniversquallPosted 11/30/2012 12:34:33 AM
Well SC. Call of Duty isn't going anywhere soon. And even if it does. Activision will be fine. They have many successful franchise still strong to show for their 33 years in the industry to fall back on.
---
After the Fallout
#3CrimsonGear80Posted 11/30/2012 12:37:02 AM
These topics read more like the ramblings of a madman every time. Good job with that.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#4DrudaxPosted 11/30/2012 12:38:32 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
These topics read more like the ramblings of a madman every time. Good job with that.

---
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
#5velvet_hammerPosted 11/30/2012 12:44:21 AM
Drudax posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique