This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games did you buy this gen that ended up being a waste of money?

#1SadCubsFanPosted 11/30/2012 12:34:35 AM
FF XIII-2- Terrible story and characters

Persona 4 Arena- Really boring story, online died fast

LBP2- The platforming was still terrible

Catherine- Cool story, hated the puzzles. didn't finish it
#2mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 12:37:45 AM
Whatever games you like.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3NessEggmanPosted 11/30/2012 12:39:19 AM
I just finished Catherine again last night. The story gets really... dumb/weird at the end IMO. Did you try playing on Easy? You can usually breeze through the puzzles (some of them are still hard though, even on Easy...)

FF13-2 I still have yet to play because I love FF13 too much and I just keep playing it >_> I don't want to move on. I did start FF13 and after about 5 minutes I turned it off.

I feel like Madden 12 was a waste of my money because I bought it after the season was over and it's not as interesting if you're not playing along with the season. Then I ended up getting Madden 13 not that long after so Madden 12 took a backseat.

MGS4 is honestly a waste of my money, not because of the game itself, but because I won't play it. I have only played the first MGS for PS1, and I want to play all the MGS games in order... but every time I play MGS2, it just reminds me of how great MGS1 is and within 30 min minutes of playing (which you're still watching scenes and listening to codec after 30 min...) I just get so nostalgic, turn it off, and play through MGS1 again. So I will probably never get past MGS2 because I love MGS1 too much LOL. Even though I own MGS2, 3, and 4...
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#4DrudaxPosted 11/30/2012 12:40:05 AM
Sorry mate, but XIII-2 was pretty obviously going to be a waste of time.
---
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
#5SpurnerPosted 11/30/2012 12:41:36 AM
GTA4 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I tried to like both. I really did.
#6SadCubsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:43:11 AM
Drudax posted...

I'm kind of a FF drone to where I buy all t he new FF games. Plus all the previews kept making it sound like they fixed everything about about FF XIII and that it was so much better
#7KrKABUT0Posted 11/30/2012 12:45:14 AM
GTA4 and UMvC3
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#8Cobra1010Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:09 AM
FEAR2, GTA4, FF13
---
Playing: Guild Wars 2, BFBC2, Age of Empires Online
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#9NessEggmanPosted 11/30/2012 12:56:53 AM
Drudax posted...

Why obviously...?

This is honestly the first time I've heard anyone say something like that. I tend to hear only praises for the game. Though I don't really hang out on forums much so IDK what the word is around here.
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#10mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 12:59:13 AM
The only people I see praise it are the same people that insist everything bad about FFXIII was fixed in XIII-2 when in reality XIII-2 is just more of the same only with a worse story.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg