This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Banned/Suspended? THE SEQUEL!!

#1NessEggmanPosted 11/30/2012 12:34:38 AM
Hey guys, sorry for not following up sooner. I was away for holidays and then waited over a week for Sony to send me an email that was supposed to come in 24-48 hours... so I called them today and I finally figured out why my account was banned, for people who were curious

( http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64682946 ) <-- this was the original post.

In fact, the problem was from some kind of bank error... my PS+ subscription auto-renewed, and it for some reason tried to charge an old pay card from an old job (the one I originally signed up for PS+ with) instead of the current card...

I think that it might be that PS+ charges the same card you used to sign up, and not the current card you have saved. I just assumed that since I had been using another card to make purchases on PSN, it would update all my account information to the new card. I was kinda surprised/confused when I heard it was a balance error on the phone so I didn't think to ask while I was talking to the representative.

Anyway, now I have negative balance in my wallet, which means my account is banned until I can fix that. They said to contact the bank and get the charge reversed or something... which IMO does not make sense but then again I don't understand charging to much depth other than enough to use it normally.

The problem now is that I have no idea what company that pay card was from, and they tend to use random banks for their accounts, so even if I could figure out the name of the company, I don't know if I could even recover all the bank information and get the charge disputed or whatever.

I'm hoping that they will just let me pay the balance to the wallet myself (even though I'm banned and can't access my wallet) to get it back to above $0. I'll call later and ask... the hotline is offline. Plus I don't really have the money to drop on it right now--I had been meaning to cancel PS+ and kinda forgot about it.

So, it wasn't hacking or Sony being crazy or anything. Just... a strange money thing that I did not expect at all.

It did make me kinda... scared at how easily you can just... lose a lot of stuff. Like... the guy on the phone said I need to call the bank or just make a new account. I considered just making a new account and repaying the wallet later since it seems difficult to figure out how to call the bank... but then I realized I'd lose all the games and content I'd bought through PSN ($100s in games and stuff...), win/loss records and multiplayer advancement in games, plus I'd lose all my trophies (which I don't mind a ton, but I did put a lot of time in FF13, for example), and I'd lose my access to all the free rentals I had obtained through PS+ when/if I do go back to a sub.

I am a bit sad because I can't really play Dragon's Dogma, Marvel 3, or Madden 13 right now :( Other games I don't really care about online functions as much or don't play them as much anymore... so I'd be fine with offline play. Like I played through Catherine last night.
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#2mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 12:36:14 AM
This topic is now about what movies you're going to watch on Christmas.

Ernest Saves Christmas naturally.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:41:32 AM
I watch Love, Actually every year. I didn't last year, though... which is weird, because it was my 2nd holiday with my husband and we made a point the first year that it would become a tradition of ours since it was already a personal tradition of mine. And even before meeting him I watched it every year, so I don't really know why I didn't last year.

So I'll watch it twice this year!

Also IDK why I am helping hijack my own thread lol
---
#4RyuuHou25Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:35 AM
Did you actually update your account information through account management, or did you just enter a credit card number each time you made purchases?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:47:56 AM
I updated it, or so I thought. It has actually been quite a while since I made a purchase... but I remember buying quite a few Madden 13 MUT packs, like a couple a week, and I'd not have to enter the card information again. And that was with the new card.

Or maybe I was charging all this stuff to the old card and didn't even realize... I can recognize the 4 digits on the cards so I can't believe I would do that, but I also do click through the menus rather quickly out of habit because I spent a lot of money on PSN this and that.

But I lost my job (hence having no need for old paycard) and for a while was not buying anything.
---
#6RyuuHou25Posted 11/30/2012 12:51:48 AM
NessEggman posted...
I updated it, or so I thought. It has actually been quite a while since I made a purchase... but I remember buying quite a few Madden 13 MUT packs, like a couple a week, and I'd not have to enter the card information again. And that was with the new card.

Or maybe I was charging all this stuff to the old card and didn't even realize... I can recognize the 4 digits on the cards so I can't believe I would do that, but I also do click through the menus rather quickly out of habit because I spent a lot of money on PSN this and that.

But I lost my job (hence having no need for old paycard) and for a while was not buying anything.

Well at least you found out the issue, now it's just a matter of rectifying it!

I only asked because I did the same thing, I entered new information for a card but I did it while I was making a purchase as opposed to through account management, and later found out, oh hey, it didn't save that new information.

Now I just use PSN cards regardless, avoids this issue altogether and I just buy them with the credit card anyways.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:19 AM
Yeah, I think I should start just buying the psn cards...

This isn't the first time I've had trouble with automated payments doing something unexpected, either.
---
#8RayconPosted 11/30/2012 12:58:03 AM
NessEggman posted...
Also IDK why I am helping hijack my own thread lol

XD
---
You're okay in my book.
#9mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 1:00:36 AM
6 months go by and you still freaking respond to everything with XD. How lazy are you?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10RayconPosted 11/30/2012 1:02:40 AM
mogar002 posted...
6 months go by and you still freaking respond to everything with XD. How lazy are you?

Oh that's right, you're the guy who wanted me to mix things up. Yeah, I tried that for like.. a day. Then I decided if I want to do something productive, I sure as hell won't be on an Internet forum.

XD
---
Still a fan...