This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you want swearing in video games?

#31XWolfOPosted 11/30/2012 2:35:51 AM
No, I don't. Swearing makes you look like a little baby. I don't want characters making fools out of themselves.
---
It's-a me!
#32BokuxPicoPosted 11/30/2012 2:36:48 AM
I think developers should have the freedom to make whatever they want. It's their choice. If they want nudity, drugs, racism, violence and swear words then they should use them as long as they fit the game.
#33HorrorSindicatePosted 11/30/2012 2:40:53 AM(edited)
When it fits. But not just for the hell of it.

If Madworld were clean it would have been far less humorous.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#34LightRukiaPosted 11/30/2012 3:45:55 AM
I like that people are assuming that swearing is ever proper, or in place and not overused.

It can be done properly and feel in place say like in the walking dead, the characters swear but it doesn't feel forced or thrown in there. It feels in place and somehow proper given the situation they're in. A situation where swearing can feel out of place or improper is I don't know in a church I guess?

Swearing is also not overused all the time I'll use my family as a example. My older brother swears like a sailor, he can't say a sentence without saying at least one or two curse words that's overused. My older sister however can go weeks or sometimes months without ever saying a curse word (she still curses though) you'd be lucky to hear her swear over 4 times. Honestly she has to be very angry to swear.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#35Acer2020Posted 11/30/2012 4:40:47 AM
If it's like in Bulletstorm, then no.
If it's like in The Walking Dead, then yes.

When **** is going down, it would be really weird to hear a character say "Fiddlesticks!"
---
"I'm so against working I wouldn't even take a b**w job!"
#36Brocken_JrPosted 11/30/2012 4:46:38 AM
yes, but there can be a limit, and when that limit is reached, and when its a full moon because the sun, it gives me energy, they can say stuff like "meanie beanie fo feanie" or "doo doo head" or "cool your jets" instead of swearing
---
My attempt at the worlds worst music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#37LionheartCJPosted 11/30/2012 4:51:16 AM
It would be wierd playing a gangster game WITHOUT swearing, it's an everyday thing in alot of peoples lives
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
#38thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/30/2012 4:54:17 AM
As long as the rating matches the swearing I don't care. Wouldn't want swearing to become acceptable in games with a lower age rating though.

But I swear all the time and am surrounded by it, most of the time its not used in anger just part of my way of life. My way of life, not yours before anyone thinks they can dictate what is and is not acceptable for me to do. We won the war after all.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#39thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/30/2012 4:57:41 AM
Jx1010 posted...
swearing is vulgarity, period

I didn't see this post. Looks like it may well be a troll topic.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
#40thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/30/2012 5:00:46 AM
There are games where you can control and dictate everything, no need to use Gamefaqs to feed your habit. Although this is the perfect site to find those games.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister