This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you want swearing in video games?

#51ImmatureContentPosted 11/30/2012 4:40:27 AM
I don't specifically like swearing(nor do I dislike it) but I absolutely don't want games censored to the point that they can't have it. It's just ****ing words. People act like it's more than that. It's not. It never will be. Get over it. The concept of "bad language" is one of the most preposterous notions in society.
---
I was the turkey all along!
#52Runner_stylePosted 11/30/2012 4:41:22 AM
LightRukia posted...
How about I don't care as long as it isn't overdone and/or feels out of place.

---
Remember kiddies, your opinion isn't fact. If someone disagrees with your opinion quit crying, get over it.
#53anonymous46773Posted 11/30/2012 4:50:54 AM
LightRukia posted...
How about I don't care as long as it isn't overdone and/or feels out of place.

I choose this because the poll has bad options.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#54ThamauturgePosted 11/30/2012 4:51:55 AM
I never swear, but if has to be in there then I wont look down on the game over it.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#55TysonBanePosted 11/30/2012 5:31:11 AM
Picks 3rd option, I don't care.
---
Tyson / Tysno (PSN: TysonBane)
The less you know about an issue, the more you should share your opinions on it.
#56Spdwyblu05xrunPosted 11/30/2012 5:36:54 AM
Yes. God doesn't mind.
---
AINTRY!!!?? You ain't never gonna get down to Aintry.
#57The_DeskPosted 11/30/2012 5:41:02 AM
NessEggman posted...
As long as it's natural and fits the atmosphere of the game.

Like, if no one swore in GTA or Catherine, that would be really awkward.

But I think unless it is necessary to use obscenities in dialogue to portray a character or society or whatever, it shouldn't really be used.

This, and a bad example was the moron commander in black ops 2 who couldn't go 3 words without cursing.
#58renzsweetPosted 11/30/2012 5:42:22 AM
Jx1010 posted...
swearing is vulgarity, period

I agree. I see where people are coming from when it is used, but it is never necessary. Like one movie long ago said, "Profanity is just your emotion speaking without the benefit of your intellect." if you truly have a good grasp of vocabulary, you can talk circles around those who use vulgar language.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#59Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/30/2012 5:45:06 AM
The concept of swearing amazes me. How anyone could find a simple series of tones and sounds produced from the vocal box to be vulgar astounds me. The very idea that a sound can be offensive reeks of the most atrocious kind of mind control out there.

If you truly think swearing shouldn't be in media, you have absolutely no appreciation for the English language. Swearing is a part of our language and therefore has uses, and should be employed when those uses are presented. It's like owning a plunger, but not using it when your toilet backs up. Like having milk, but only eating dry cereal.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#60wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/30/2012 5:50:37 AM
SonicMonkeys posted...
Do you want swearing in video games?

Do you want swearing in literature?

Do you want swearing in films?

If you said 'no' to any of these questions, you are a philistine.

end of story.
---
it's simple. just be nice.