This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you want swearing in video games?

#81faris_ruhiPosted 11/30/2012 8:43:13 AM(edited)
I'm fine with it as long as it fits.

After having seen the DMC vid. I was actually fine with the F* you, F* you, F* you part. It was funny and it was supposed to be.

Pretty much any other time they swore in it though, seemed forced.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#82thisranksPosted 11/30/2012 8:42:47 AM
Garr- posted...
mogar002 posted...
New user, opinion invalid.

Good day sir

Old user. Opinion invalid.

Good day, sir.

It depends on the opinion. You'd be surprised how many people assume personal opinion=public opinion and run to forums to share them. The regionally challenged are perfect examples of that behavior.

Besides, it's pretty obvious why a number of new user accounts exist here. People want others to think the more people believe it the more plausible it is and create secondary and tertiary accounts to 'help' that belief look realistic. I personally have seen topics were someone forgot to switch accounts when 'agreeing' with a previous post. Pushing ideals on new accounts so you don't worry about your original account is also commonplace here. The regionally challenged come to mind. Because of this new users tend to get a bad rap.

As for age ... the young always think they know more than everyone else. That will get remedied with age.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#83Da HuiPosted 11/30/2012 8:53:29 AM
LightRukia posted...
How about I don't care as long as it isn't overdone and/or feels out of place.

---
Don't **** with Da Hui
#84RavenicusPosted 11/30/2012 8:55:45 AM
I voted yes, but it's more important that the cursing is significant in some way to the game. If it doesn't fit with the atmosphere or other dialogue or is horrendously shoehorned in, then it just get thrown into the "bad dialogue" category.
---
"Thanks for stopping that Lagi, BUT NOW THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM AT OUR DOORSTEP!!!!!111!one!!!!" ~ Xine9
#85Eagles931Posted 11/30/2012 8:57:49 AM
It has to fit the character or the overall setting, like for example, in the walking dead. It's a freaking zombie apocalypse, so I'd better hear a swear or two.
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#86reignofkainPosted 11/30/2012 9:03:25 AM
LightRukia posted...
How about I don't care as long as it isn't overdone and/or feels out of place.

---
Brony. Steam ID: Minion of Kain Ghoti. People who get it: 3
Enough keys to make a janitor cry. -asdfggghh1
#87Unbridled9Posted 11/30/2012 9:05:08 AM
Swearing can be a powerful tool when used in the right places AT the right time. That IS NOT every third second. Seems more games are including swear words now-a-days even when they wouldn't fit. Given a choice between all this swearing and none at all, I'd pick the latter.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#88thisranksPosted 11/30/2012 9:05:34 AM
I have to admit i was surprised that the main character in Ar tonelico Qoga swore, but the thing is it was done in exactly the right places. Did the game necessarily need it? No, but it didn't bother me. I don't think swearing is a necessity, but it can be used if done correctly.

That said, whether i want it or not is immaterial. Developers should have the freedom to make the games the way they want without gamers sticking theirs noses in unless they ask for it. There are far too many backseat developers on game forums just like Gamefaqs, and like the name implies they are the cause of many an accident.

I've already stopped supporting developers/publishers/localizers who have bought into that regionally challenged B.S. That's bad enough as it is.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#89deprofundis442Posted 11/30/2012 9:06:15 AM
Swearing or no swearing, I hardly notice the difference. I honestly don't care if swearing is there or sounds out of place or if you think it's immature or whatever.

I'm completely unaffected by it, I don't find it obscene, or cool and edgy. It's just words. Who cares if it's there or how it's used? I don't. All I ask for is that the voice acting be reasonably well directed.
#90VideoGameBlitzPosted 11/30/2012 9:28:57 AM
I like my games to be raw, uncut, uncensored, and ready to surprise me.
---
Not changing until a FFVI(6) remake is released 5/21/10