This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every PS4 Rumour So Far

#1JuxtapossePosted 11/30/2012 1:04:18 AM
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1701298/ps4_every_rumour_so_far.html

What do you think?
#2SophisticationPosted 11/30/2012 1:14:35 AM
I think Ps4 will be this

500gb hdd sku
1tb hdd sku

4gb of ram
4x's the PS3's CPU
4x's the Ps3's graphical capabilities

That's what the Ps4 will be. It will basically 4x's everything the Ps3 can do and nothing more... It'll be a powerful box, capable of way more than this dinosaur generation was ever capable of -- but it still won't produce seamless image quality or movie-like fidelity. That will have to just be gotten over right now.

Ps4 will sell for 400 to 500 bucks and come with a free 1 year sub to PS+ . This is as close to reality as you're gonna get. All these people saying the Ps3 was 9x's more powerful than Ps2 so the Ps4 will be 18x's more powerful than Ps3 are absurdly touched in the frontal lobe.

Ps4 will be about 4x's the power of the Ps3 -- nothing more, nothing less. It will have the power of a current PC on the market, maybe slightly weaker.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#3mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 1:19:28 AM
It will have a flux capacitor and cup holders.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4darkstar4221Posted 11/30/2012 1:55:19 AM(edited)
The PS3 went in the wrong direction in terms of consumer rights (ie property rights) with all the DRM Sony put on their console. With online access it allowed Sony to monitor the users.

Hopefully the PS4 doesn't take any more freedoms than it already with the PS3, because I do like hacking and modding a console. If the rumor is true about Sony denying the use of used games, I will not buy a PS4 unless there is a hack that removes that feature. I hope there is backwards compatibility with PS3-PS1.
#5PredwolfPosted 11/30/2012 6:32:58 AM
I still think we'll see a modern version of the Cell again. It's one of the best processors in the world, and both IBM and Sony have said that while they have halted developing any further versions of the 32 APU version, they're still working on future versions and refuse to comment on that.

So, I'm betting we'll see a crazy number of cores in the next system, about 4-8gigs of RAM, 500gig HD, a GPU that is about a year or two old by PC standards but will be pushed harder than it could on the PC, and a $550 price point.
#6Raven_CyarmPosted 11/30/2012 6:47:04 AM(edited)
darkstar4221 posted...
The PS3 went in the wrong direction in terms of consumer rights (ie property rights) with all the DRM Sony put on their console. With online access it allowed Sony to monitor the users.

Hopefully the PS4 doesn't take any more freedoms than it already with the PS3, because I do like hacking and modding a console. If the rumor is true about Sony denying the use of used games, I will not buy a PS4 unless there is a hack that removes that feature. I hope there is backwards compatibility with PS3-PS1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasZzenuYxI

Are we supposed to feel bad that you're the reason these measures are in place to begin with?
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#7IHeartMetroidPosted 11/30/2012 6:50:30 AM
The day that consoles start screwing customers by preventing you from playing your own legally purchased used games is the day I never buy another console again.

Ever.

What will I do with all my extra money and spare time?

Maybe I'll take up knitting. Learn a new language. I've always wanted to travel, maybe, since I won't be spending $2000+ on a set of three new consoles + games, I'll go and visit Japan.

Sayonara, Sony! It was fun, but you can now go to hell. Thanks!
#8darkstar4221Posted 11/30/2012 8:33:38 AM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasZzenuYxI

Are we supposed to feel bad that you're the reason these measures are in place to begin with?

lol you are at tool, you can't blame pirates for everything. Piracy is here whether you like it or not, and I never said I wanted to pirate. I said to mod a console such as running custom homebrew. Look at all the anti-piracy restrictions that Sony put on the Vita (I never owned a PSP so you can't blame me for that), look at all the consumers complaining about Sony's business practices.
#9ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/30/2012 8:46:13 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
I think Ps4 will be this

500gb hdd sku
1tb hdd sku

4gb of ram
4x's the PS3's CPU
4x's the Ps3's graphical capabilities

That's what the Ps4 will be. It will basically 4x's everything the Ps3 can do and nothing more... It'll be a powerful box, capable of way more than this dinosaur generation was ever capable of -- but it still won't produce seamless image quality or movie-like fidelity. That will have to just be gotten over right now.

Ps4 will sell for 400 to 500 bucks and come with a free 1 year sub to PS+ . This is as close to reality as you're gonna get. All these people saying the Ps3 was 9x's more powerful than Ps2 so the Ps4 will be 18x's more powerful than Ps3 are absurdly touched in the frontal lobe.

Ps4 will be about 4x's the power of the Ps3 -- nothing more, nothing less. It will have the power of a current PC on the market, maybe slightly weaker.

I don't have a guess as to what specs it will have but your prediction seems pretty reasonable. Especially since they need to keep the price point at a reasonable level for consumers while still trying to make a profit on units sold. Sony definitely doesn't want the backlash they got when the PS3 was announced at a $600 price point. I think they shoot for $400 when the new system is released.

Or they might do what cell phone providers do and offer the system and PS Plus for $100 or $200 up front and then have a monthly fee you have to pay for two years. I've heard rumors that they might be looking into that and Microsoft is already doing it now.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#10darkstar4221Posted 11/30/2012 8:45:38 AM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
The day that consoles start screwing customers by preventing you from playing your own legally purchased used games is the day I never buy another console again.

Ever.

What will I do with all my extra money and spare time?

Maybe I'll take up knitting. Learn a new language. I've always wanted to travel, maybe, since I won't be spending $2000+ on a set of three new consoles + games, I'll go and visit Japan.

Sayonara, Sony! It was fun, but you can now go to hell. Thanks!

The problem with Sony's anti-piracy restrictions is that they treat consumers like pirates even if they have no attempt to pirate. The kernel is automatically updated even without your own permission and it's more than just "pirating". Sony doesn't want you doing anything with your console that they don't approve of, which means you have no control over your device.

Let's say the PS4 has a mechanism that prevents you from using used games, the games are tied into your account, no backwards compatibility, it's $400, and the games are $70. You probably would buy it, I wouldn't. I probably moved to the PC platform or another console that has more "freedom". It wouldn't be the end of the world, I simply wouldn't buy it.