This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A/D: Shadow of the Colossus has no boss fights.

#31LukeStrife5Posted 11/30/2012 2:24:51 PM
1. Bosses are usually a "big bad" you fight at the end of a level and signify that you have completed said level so you now can move onto the next one.

2. The Colossus battles signify that. The first part of the level is basically the world itself, you must find your way to said creature and navigate the level to do so, there are just no smaller minions for you to fight.

3. Dragon's Dogma isn't an RPG, it's an action game with RPG elements.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#32Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 11/30/2012 6:50:02 PM
SOTC has no boss fights, because there are no henchmen. The whole point of fighting a boss at the end of the end of the level is that he controlled his minions.
#33Brocken_JrPosted 11/30/2012 6:51:28 PM
one of the dumbest topics ive ever seen
---
My attempt at the worlds worst music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#34jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:00:14 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...

Thank you for your valuable contribution.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#35SpoonSportsPosted 11/30/2012 7:08:31 PM
Why do we call them boss fights? It's not like I go to work every day to fight my boss.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#36jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:09:29 PM
SpoonSports posted...
Why do we call them boss fights? It's not like I go to work every day to fight my boss.

You don't?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#37Brocken_JrPosted 11/30/2012 7:23:05 PM
jammies posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

anytime
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#38LukeStrife5Posted 11/30/2012 10:06:56 PM
SpoonSports posted...

Because they idea is that they are the "head" in what ever level you are working on. In RPGs they are the final creature you fight in the dungeon, in arcade-like games where you progress through levels they are usually at the end of said levels to signal that you have beaten it.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#39SpoonSportsPosted 12/1/2012 6:25:16 PM
LukeStrife5 posted...
SpoonSports posted...

Because they idea is that they are the "head" in what ever level you are working on. In RPGs they are the final creature you fight in the dungeon, in arcade-like games where you progress through levels they are usually at the end of said levels to signal that you have beaten it.

how about we call them last creature, the last enemy, the strongest enemy.
---
#40SpoonSportsPosted 12/1/2012 6:26:58 PM
jammies posted...
SpoonSports posted...

You don't?

Nope. My boss is laid back.
---