This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Shin Megami Tensei 4 screens and info. I hope this gets a PSN or Vita port.

#31ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/30/2012 9:36:28 AM
Would love a Vita port.
#32monkeypahngPosted 11/30/2012 11:01:50 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
monkeypahng posted...
So, it's reliant on the "buy the PS3 version get the Vita for free (or at a bundle price)"?
Being entirely dependent on the PS3 doesn't scream out great potential TBH.

Not to say the Vita is bad or anything.
Now to the topic at hand: Wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't be hyped for it since I'm going to get the 3DS version anyway.

Even if it did end up being reliant on "buy the PS3 get Vita version" (which I doubt) it'd still be a must have for PS3 owners. Think of it as an accessory that lets you play your PS3 games on the go. Most people wouldn't pay $250-$300 for such a thing but the price is dropping.

Not really. It would just be optional "accessory" for people who want to play their games on the go by paying more for their PS3 copy in order to do so.

Could hardly say it's a must have when it's not like all games are going to have the cross-buy incentive whilst they're going have to buy additional memory cards as well. The cost just mount up.

Personally I wouldn't even pay $200 for an "accessory" like that. Much rather have a handheld console that offered a different experience of gaming (and library) than it's home console counterpart.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#33InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 11:05:36 AM(edited)
Region free Vita port & later remake for ps3. This should been done for "proper" console (ps3) in first place.
#34lambchipsPosted 11/30/2012 11:06:25 AM
Inhorealisti posted...
Region free Vita port & later remake for ps3. This should been done for "proper" console (ps3) in first place.

3ds sells more than ps3 and vita week after week in japan... its already an established system
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#35InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 11:08:48 AM
lambchips posted...
Inhorealisti posted...

3ds sells more than ps3 and vita week after week in japan... its already an established system

Well i know that is reason for JRPGs going to handhelds which sucks (lower costs too).
#36PoorCountryPosted 11/30/2012 11:10:12 AM
"When people become 18 years old they go through the Gauntlet Ritual to become samurai. Samurai are armed with a demon summoning program and hunt demons in secret. Only a few people know that demons exist in the world."
#37KodegaPosted 11/30/2012 11:11:53 AM
Inhorealisti posted...

3DS is even set to outsell the PS3 LTD in Japan by the end of December. I can definitely see why companies are making the shift to it.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#38Lelouch71Posted 11/30/2012 11:27:01 AM
The 3DS is a beast in Japan and it's set to surpass the PS3 total sales within 1-3 weeks. SMT4 is number 5 in some famitsu most wanted game. Not to mention the 3DS is becoming the go to system for the Japanese. As you should know handhelds are more popular and appealing so you can forget it coming to the PS3. The Vita is currently flopping. The PSP didn't get a port of Strange Journey what make you think a system that selling worst than the PSP let alone the DC at this same point time is going to get SMT4? SMT4 is built to utilize the 3DS with the dual screen for the map and battle.

The best you can hope for is P5 coming to the Vita. If you want to play it that badly then get a 3DS. Just like people who want to play P4G badly should buy a Vita.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#39InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 11:29:28 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
The 3DS is a beast in Japan and it's set to surpass the PS3 total sales within 1-3 weeks. SMT4 is number 5 in some famitsu most wanted game. Not to mention the 3DS is becoming the go to system for the Japanese. As you should know handhelds are more popular and appealing so you can forget it coming to the PS3. The Vita is currently flopping. The PSP didn't get a port of Strange Journey what make you think a system that selling worst than the PSP let alone the DC at this same point time is going to get SMT4? SMT4 is built to utilize the 3DS with the dual screen for the map and battle.

The best you can hope for is P5 coming to the Vita. If you want to play it that badly then get a 3DS. Just like people who want to play P4G badly should buy a Vita.

Buying 3DS isn't problem (even though i hate handhelds). Problem is Atlus.
#40Black_AssassinPosted 11/30/2012 11:40:17 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
i am still sad that this game, a main entry in the SMT series, is going to be on a handheld.. why atlus, why?

Strange Journey