This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SONY is sitting on a gold mine of PS2 "Classics"!

#11jukinsPosted 11/30/2012 8:20:50 AM
well if rumors are true we'll be able to stream ps1 2 and 3 games to certified playstation devices. Now the big question, if this is true, is how many of those little nuggets of gold will actually be released for stream. Given regionally differences and the overprotectiveness of devs/publishers over their ip's at the moment im not expecting grand things from this although im willing to be surprised.
---
ps3 id: Jukins steam: juk729
#12servb0tsPosted 11/30/2012 8:25:08 AM(edited)
este914 posted...
Dont care. I already bought and own all of the PS2 games I care to play. But I can't play them on my PS3 so that's a moot point.
I'd be happier if Sony released an update that contained a PS2 emulator so I can play these games on my PS3. That's something I would care and even pay for.

I somehow doubt Sony will release this until the PS4 comes out,I know they can do it, they just choose not to release a PS2 emulator. But I agree I'd much rather pay for that to play all those Rare game I just named. I own on PS2.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#13JahkeemyorkPosted 11/30/2012 8:25:09 AM
It's not Sony's fault on this. It needs to be in agreemend with the company that owns the game too. Also PS2 classics have to go through the same issue PS1 classics do which is basically

- Company submits game to Sony's Legal department
- Sony's legal Department needs to go through all the voice acting, audio files, any character that purposefully resembles a real life character and see if the agreement between the company and those actors are still stand if not said company will need to contact those people and form a new contract.
- Next the game will need to be retested, some PS1 games have been reported in an interview as unable to make a classic due to how unstable it was when put onto the PS3. So the same thing has to be looked over on the PS2. Also the companies have to send in the original disc of the game, not just the data. Sony handles the conversions.

BAASICALLY, it actually DOES cost time and money mostly time to bring out classics.

Grand Theft Auto III has so much licensed music it's amazing it went through, but Rockstar probably has all of the music available for legal use in GTAV so it was easy to bring III over (Speculation)
#14este914Posted 11/30/2012 8:29:25 AM
servb0ts posted...
este914 posted...
Dont care. I already bought and own all of the PS2 games I care to play. But I can't play them on my PS3 so that's a moot point.
I'd be happier if Sony released an update that contained a PS2 emulator so I can play these games on my PS3. That's something I would care and even pay for.

I somehow doubt Sony will release this until the PS4 comes out,I know they can do it, they just choose not to release a PS2 emulator. But I agree I'd much rather pay for that to play all those Rare game I just named. I own on PS2.

lol I cant believe I said I would PAY for it when it should already be included with the system.... so sad
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#15RomangeloPosted 11/30/2012 8:31:13 AM
at least Sony supposed to make the slim play PS2 discs already.

don't say it's impossible because hackers on the scene can do it.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#16king_maddenPosted 11/30/2012 8:37:02 AM
este914 posted...
servb0ts posted...
este914 posted...

lol I cant believe I said I would PAY for it when it should already be included with the system.... so sad

why SHOULD it?

I would rather have digital versions of the game, rather than having those older disks putting more on my laser. I would be overly pissed if my laser crapped out while using a ps2 game. at least feel a little more justified if it crapped out on a ps3 game.
#17este914Posted 11/30/2012 8:47:25 AM
king_madden posted...
este914 posted...
servb0ts posted...
este914 posted...

why SHOULD it?

I would rather have digital versions of the game, rather than having those older disks putting more on my laser. I would be overly pissed if my laser crapped out while using a ps2 game. at least feel a little more justified if it crapped out on a ps3 game.

It should be included because I already purchased the games. No shot that I'm going to REpurchase those games again when I already own them and they play perfectly fine.
It's a shame you are so worried about your laser going bad. My launch day PS2 still plays all of my games perfectly fine to this day. In fact, none of the lasers from ANY of my systems has ever 'crapped out' on me. To me its a non-factor at all. Give me my features back please.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#18majin nemesisPosted 11/30/2012 8:59:48 AM
it's not just PS2 games they are also sitting on a gold mine of PS1 games
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#19XeonexFlashPosted 11/30/2012 10:00:59 AM
Even if they did I'm sure we would still find something to whine and complain about, about sony not doing something right. -Lights pitchfork on fire.-
---
A higher-dimensional entity can shatter your consciousness field with its emotions alone, causing you to experience eternal blackness with no sense of time. -X
#20king_maddenPosted 11/30/2012 10:06:38 AM
este914 posted...
king_madden posted...
este914 posted...
servb0ts posted...
este914 posted...

why SHOULD it?

It should be included because I already purchased the games. No shot that I'm going to REpurchase those games again when I already own them and they play perfectly fine.
It's a shame you are so worried about your laser going bad. My launch day PS2 still plays all of my games perfectly fine to this day. In fact, none of the lasers from ANY of my systems has ever 'crapped out' on me. To me its a non-factor at all. Give me my features back please.

oh well there ya go, no real reason as to why it SHOULD be back. not really a strong argument you have there.

oh and YOUR laser hasnt gone out? oh well problem solved all the people who have that issue with BC ps3 that played ps2 games, including nonBC ps3s, they should pipe down. im not really sure what your ps2 has to do with the ps3, newer technology doesnt last as long as older. heck my brand new tv stopped working in a year while my grandmothers old tv still works. even though there were people whose ps2s laser eventually stopped working too. will it be an issue to you if it happens to you?

you still have a BC ps3?