This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No used games for ps4? Rumor right?

#1knightimexPosted 11/30/2012 9:08:51 AM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/252838/playstation_4_is_code_named_orbis_may_restrict_second_hand_games.html

I don't like this.
Especially if they continue to over price DOWNLOADABLE games.

Should be like steam.

Hope it doesn't happen.
If they ended up with games as cheap as steam then I would be fine with that.
---
Soldier of the Nintendo Defense Force (N.D.F)
Wii U Division.
#2KrustyBrownRingPosted 11/30/2012 9:11:55 AM
If the trend continues from this generation there will hardly be any new games to buy anyway. Good luck selling someone on a $500 outdated computer that has 1 or 2 games they are interested in each October and March.
#3Anodyne11Posted 11/30/2012 9:13:51 AM
It was baseless speculation. They literally had nothing to back it up.
I really can't see it happening.

I'd wait for official news on this rather than speculation.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#4jewel of openPosted 11/30/2012 9:14:21 AM
im indifferent about it.

games arent so good anymore where i used to have like 3 or 4 games a month.

now its like a game every 1-4 months
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#5KJB32Posted 11/30/2012 9:16:25 AM
Going to happen eventually. Buy new and support developers.
---
[] 3DS FC: 5284-2204-1632 KJB []
[] PSN: ItsKayJayBee [] Steam: KayJayBee []
#6ComfortablySadPosted 11/30/2012 9:20:26 AM
KJB32 posted...

If publishers cut developers in on the cash with some sort of profit sharing system I'd agree with you but they don't. Buying new doesn't support developers anymore than buying from Wal Mart supports cashiers. Devs get the same paycheck if a game bombs or sells millions.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#7lambchipsPosted 11/30/2012 9:35:14 AM(edited)
lets hope so, i mean developers are complaining the second hand market is losing them potential revenue... as a result it only makes sense this action is taken to ensure all our favruoite developers get more money so they can develop more games...

you guys that buy used are hurting developers more than pirates, i hope next gen console locks out used games so people are forced to support the developers, if you like games dont buy used either buy used or dont buy it at all

---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#8Neoprime616Posted 11/30/2012 9:32:36 AM
KJB32 posted...

Wrong, you support the retailer.
#9DarknessXSeekerPosted 11/30/2012 9:34:34 AM
lambchips posted...
lets hope so, i mean developers are complaining so it only makes sense this action is taken...

you guys that buy used are hurting developers more than pirates, i hope next gen console locks out used games so people are forced to support the developers, if you like games dont buy used either buy used or dont buy it at all

That is one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard, do you know how many times I have got into a series 2-3 years after it started, I looked everywhere for a new copy of inFAMOUS 1 and couldn't find it and ended up getting a used one, see if they were to do that next gen people like me would be out of luck.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#10LionheartCJPosted 11/30/2012 9:44:52 AM(edited)
lambchips posted...
lets hope so, i mean developers are complaining so it only makes sense this action is taken...

So, what about rarer games that don't have as many copies printed, or games that have gone out of print?, will they just vanish forever?. And what about after the PS4 if you haven't got the game you wanted...you're screwed?

Personally i think it would piss off too many people to ever go through with something like this

DarknessXSeeker posted...

That is one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard, do you know how many times I have got into a series 2-3 years after it started, I looked everywhere for a new copy of inFAMOUS 1 and couldn't find it and ended up getting a used one, see if they were to do that next gen people like me would be out of luck.

And this, i've had no PS3 since '09 and have had a big backlog to get through. if i couldn't find them used i would be screwed