This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#101Holoogamooga_Posted 11/30/2012 4:26:22 PM
I used to love JRPGs. Then I realized they're all kind of the same game. I've read the same plot dozens of times with the same characters. That said, FFIX will always be a favorite.

WRPGs generally have more customization, and that's what I go for most. I'm a sucker for good skill trees. The West wins this one.
#102servb0tsPosted 11/30/2012 4:29:01 PM
D_Rich_King posted...
More people like waffles than WRPGS. I suspected as much.

I bet if a developer made a Waffle game it would sell more than Skyrim & Fallout 3 combined lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#103Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 4:30:08 PM
servb0ts posted...
D_Rich_King posted...

I bet if a developer made a Waffle game it would sell more than Skyrim & Fallout 3 combined lol.

even though skyrim has sold more than any jrpg ever LOL

(pokemon doesn't count)
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#104RintonPosted 11/30/2012 4:31:27 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Rinton posted...

PC's gotten all the good JRPGs. Final Fantasy VII and Dark Souls were both on PC.

So, a pretty good JRPG from 1997, and a great ARPG of this gen?

Compared to the large lybrary of JRPG that are out there, not to mention in many ways better than those two (well, certainly better than FFVII, while Dark Souls is among the best IMO)?

That's like saying "herp derp the PS3 has DA: O and Skyrim, therefore that's enough for me".

PC JRPGs that are AMAZING
Dark Souls
The Last Remnant
Xenoblade Chronicles
Septerra Core
Fortune Summoners
Phantasy Star Online
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Homefront
etc etc etc

And that's not even counting all the emulators.
#105peter_888Posted 11/30/2012 4:31:45 PM
servb0ts posted...
D_Rich_King posted...

a waffle game
BEST GAME EVA
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#106RintonPosted 11/30/2012 4:33:11 PM
peter_888 posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
console gamers can play old pc games but probably won't because they're too afraid of blowing up their computer installing steam or something. anyway, PCs can emulate current gen consoles pretty well, so even if there were any jrpgs worth playing (and there aren't because this has pretty much been the worst gen for jrpgs in all the time they've existed), PC gamers would be able to play them anyway.

every time a humble bundle comes out, linux users donate the most money. know why? because computer nerds are rolling in the dough; they can definitely afford all the consoles they want, but they prefer to stick to a pc with windows 7 on one partition and linux on another. so you know they've played both wrpgs and jrpgs, but they prefer wrpgs because they know that wrpgs are better.

please don't assume that just because a person play on the pc that they're rich. PC gaming can be pretty cheap if you know what your doing. Especially with steam sales.

Yep - internet piracy means PC gamers don't have to pay for games. Only time PC players buy video games are if they're MMOs or online-centric games. Single Player games are all free for PC users. Suck it, console players!
#107faris_ruhiPosted 11/30/2012 4:33:26 PM
I'm not a big fan of either genre, but if I had to choose, I'd pick JRPGs simply because WRPGs almost always have unappealing art direction (for me).
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#108Iampony1Posted 11/30/2012 4:33:39 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
servb0ts posted...
D_Rich_King posted...

even though skyrim has sold more than any jrpg ever LOL

(pokemon doesn't count)

Still using Skyrim as an example of a good WRPG, ok.
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#109peter_888Posted 11/30/2012 4:33:40 PM
Rinton posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Rinton posted...

PC's gotten all the good JRPGs. Final Fantasy VII and Dark Souls were both on PC.

So, a pretty good JRPG from 1997, and a great ARPG of this gen?

Compared to the large lybrary of JRPG that are out there, not to mention in many ways better than those two (well, certainly better than FFVII, while Dark Souls is among the best IMO)?

That's like saying "herp derp the PS3 has DA: O and Skyrim, therefore that's enough for me".

PC JRPGs that are AMAZING
Dark Souls
The Last Remnant
Xenoblade Chronicles
Septerra Core
Fortune Summoners
Phantasy Star Online
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Homefront
etc etc etc

And that's not even counting all the emulators.

umm. not counting emulators, pretty sure Xenoblade Chronicles never had an official pc release
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#110majinbuu2Posted 11/30/2012 4:48:47 PM
wrpgs. borderlands mass effect and WOW were fun