This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#191AstroshakPosted 11/30/2012 6:20:53 PM
Asking whether RPG's are better than RPG's is kind of silly.

The poll question is no different from asking "Are FPS's better or worse than FPS's".
#192Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 6:21:14 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
I'm really curious about this Homefront game, but all I can find is stuff about the FPS. Does anyone have a link?

i think he just made it up. it doesn't exist,

typical jrpg fans; when they can't name a significant number of good jrpgs that have come out this gen, they start making new ones up
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#193RintonPosted 11/30/2012 6:23:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#194DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 6:25:50 PM
Rinton posted...

Only Weeaboo animef**s say Call Of Duty isn't a good game. CoD is arguably the greatest series this generation. It's painfully addictive, skill-intensive, and is HUGELY popular. You are obviously a weeaboo japnerd.

And what if someone likes other FPS and still thinks CoD is the same fabricated **** every year?
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#195TiaelPosted 11/30/2012 6:25:50 PM
Considering next-gen for home consoles haven't really taken off until the PS4/Nextbox actually release, I'm still including DS releases.

Strange Journey
Radiant Historia
Lost Odyssey
The Last Story
Xenoblade
Trails in the Sky
Bravely Default
Ys Vita
Ni no Kuni
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces f
Tales of Xillia/2
Dragon Quest IX

And I know I'm forgetting several, I still enjoy WRPGs and am getting the ME Trilogy for PS3 next week, but last gen, this gen, overall I still prefer JRPGs.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#196RetroFanGirlPosted 11/30/2012 6:27:16 PM
Alltra posted...
I wouldn't call Xenoblade Chronicles a JRPG. Hell, I wouldn't even consider it an RPG, it's Action Adventure game.

Even considering that, I think people overhype just how good the Handheld RPG lineup actually is. Most of them are re-releases of older RPGs from previous generations, and automatically don't count in terms of discussing the quality of JRPGs from this generation.

You sound like a fool.
---
Playing Final Fantasy XII
#197StriderTunaPosted 11/30/2012 6:27:45 PM
There are some good jrpgs, but none exactly fill in the spot FF held.

DQ is too traditional for some.
Tales is well... it'd do better if Namco wasn't brain dead concerning RPGs.
Atlus's in-house offerings tend to be pretty difficult (EO and SMT mainly)
The recently Tri-Ace offerings have been quite nichey/quirky.

And with certain decisions, Square's two other sizable RPG series have basically been led behind the Shed (Mana, SaGa)

jRPGs are well on their way to obscurity once again.... though I can't see it entirely as a bad thing.

wRPGs on the other hand.... would likely last as long as the current trends last, and once the bubble pops, they too would likely have to return to their roots.
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#198Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 6:27:46 PM
Tiael posted...
I'm still including DS releases.

yeah that's cheating
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#199Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 6:28:19 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
Alltra posted...
I wouldn't call Xenoblade Chronicles a JRPG. Hell, I wouldn't even consider it an RPG, it's Action Adventure game.

Even considering that, I think people overhype just how good the Handheld RPG lineup actually is. Most of them are re-releases of older RPGs from previous generations, and automatically don't count in terms of discussing the quality of JRPGs from this generation.

You sound like a fool.

you sound like a fangirl
---
#200RintonPosted 11/30/2012 6:28:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]