This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#201Lan915Posted 11/30/2012 6:28:56 PM
Both genres suck, waffles are infinitely better, especially if you add syrup to it.
#202DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 6:30:18 PM
Rinton posted...

Weeaboo japananerd hater. You like niche games. CoD is the most successful video game series in history. The vast majority of gamers consider it as one of their favorite video games. Go back to your highschool simulators and leave us real gamers alone.

Not sure if serious, or just trolling me.
So far you were able to hold a nice and civil conversation, so I'm confused.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#203TiaelPosted 11/30/2012 6:30:22 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
Tiael posted...
I'm still including DS releases.

yeah that's cheating

Then remove the 3DS and Vita releases.

DS is the same gen as PS3, 360 and Wii.

And I didn't even count things like Jeanne d'Arc or Valkyria Chronicles, though they are (J)SRPGs.

But I'd say you are the one who is full of it in majority of your posts.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#204Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 6:35:09 PM
Tiael posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
Tiael posted...
I'm still including DS releases.

yeah that's cheating

Then remove the 3DS and Vita releases.

DS is the same gen as PS3, 360 and Wii.

And I didn't even count things like Jeanne d'Arc or Valkyria Chronicles, though they are (J)SRPGs.

But I'd say you are the one who is full of it in majority of your posts.

it's also cheating because up until ps vita (i'm assuming), handheld systems haven't had the power to play good open-world wrpgs like the elder scrolls games; that's why the psp version of oblivion was cancelled.

since the psp and ds were only capable of crap graphics, jrpg developers had an unfair advantage because crap graphics are their speciality

watch the domination by wrpgs expand over to handhelds this gen too
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#205StriderTunaPosted 11/30/2012 6:35:32 PM
>CoD >Real gamers

Last time I checked CoD was popular with foul-mouthed preteens with compensation issues and other people who wouldn't even touch a video game system before.

As far as FPS players go, CoD/MW players have the lowest credibility, especially since the game seems to reward using OP weapons with even more OP kill streak bonuses.

But back on the topic, as far as next gen goes, wRPGs have an adaptation advantage due to their PC roots as wRPG developers are used to varying hardware configurations. That's undeniable. jRPG developers are more the type to try focusing on a certain configuration until the next system comes out.
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#206TiaelPosted 11/30/2012 6:35:51 PM
There's no getting through to you.

Ah well, I'll enjoy both ME Trilogy next week and NNK in January.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#207cdog21Posted 11/30/2012 6:36:06 PM
nath999 posted...
I wish i could get a JRPG with a WRPG story.

KOTOR is a lot like a JRPG.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#208StriderTunaPosted 11/30/2012 6:41:04 PM
>WRPG story

They have stories? I thought the bulk was "You're the hero, kill the evil villain" now they might have some decent subplots.

Bioware as of late is guilty of using certain tropes far more than even PSX and later era Square. Someone posted a chart of tropes and what Bioware games had them.

I wouldn't mind a jRPG with some WRPG skill systems,etc similar to Star Ocean games.
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#209Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 6:41:53 PM
StriderTuna posted...
>"You're the hero, kill the evil villain"

basically the story of every jrpg ever LOL
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#210confettistormPosted 11/30/2012 6:42:24 PM
I'd pay double retail price without blinking for Tales games.

I don't even buy Western RPGs, aside from Diablo 3 (which I ended up regretty purchasing as it ended up sucking hard), even if they are 75% off...