This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#251StriderTunaPosted 12/1/2012 11:33:50 AM
StriderTuna posted...
You know something about recent Bioware RPGs: in certain ways they remind me of jrpgs (linear, character development)

Bioware rpgs are linear? and not like the other stupid open world games (you can do everything - you can go anywhere) that western devs like to do, i need to check some of Bioware games now.

wRPGers like to claim they're better than jRPGs because they're not linear. Stuff like Mass Effect 3? CHOO CHOO!

Most jRPGs are linear in nature honestly just that it's not noticed due to things like the world map providing the illusion of non-linearity.
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#252DragoonGriffithPosted 12/1/2012 11:36:28 AM
While I like DA: O and ME1, I honestly think that Bioware is only a shadow of its former self,.

Thanks to EA eating it...
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#253roninmediaPosted 12/1/2012 11:40:58 AM
I prefer fantasy based RPGs. It's just something about RPGs set in a futuristic setting that do not appeal to me as much as fantasy based RPGs no matter WRPG or JRPG.

My favorite genre is the tactical RPG and it does not really exist in the U.S. So I do lean to JRPGs.
#254mmc2679Posted 12/1/2012 11:56:02 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
I wish your wife would actually beat you

LMAO. I think we've established a while back that this guy actually does get his ass whopped by his wife every so often, and then comes and makes a topic such as this.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(
#255wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/1/2012 12:55:57 PM
wow this s***show is still goin, huh
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#256Iampony1Posted 12/2/2012 1:38:51 AM
You know what, screw both genres, im going for a walk
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817