This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#41DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 1:01:34 PM
-Damien- posted...

you make 10 polls, 10 out of 10 JRPG would win, EVEN in 360 board, it's been tried before

Given how much people moan about JRPGs dying, this is a pleasant surprise.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#42LimbicPosted 11/30/2012 1:19:20 PM
I loved the golden age of JRPG's (FF 4, 6, 7).

It's been torture for me to watch that franchise commit the slowest suicide.
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#43MaximoomPosted 11/30/2012 1:27:38 PM
JRPGs used to be better, but nowadays its no longer true.

Mainly Square faults.
#44ClarkyMalarkyPosted 11/30/2012 1:32:43 PM(edited)
Yes, grinding in a linear game in a linear dungeon so you can beat boss A and get to town B in a linear fashion is SOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOO much better than open world exploration where you can go wherever the hell you want and do whatever the hell you want to do...

JRPGs haven't been good since FFX.

*edit* Bolded the so to denote sarcasm.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#45BikeaLossPosted 11/30/2012 1:31:48 PM
I like waffles, but JRPGs are better.
#46thisranksPosted 11/30/2012 1:33:11 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
I wish your wife would actually beat you

This has to do with the topic in what way other than wishing harm on another individual? This is the reason i call them challenged. Keep on proving me right with topics and posts like this.

BTW, i'd suggest some sort of help as people who tend to wish violence on others have much bigger personal issues than gaming. Being regionally challenged is bad enough, but this is going that one step further.

I can't believe this topic hasn't been moderated with that OP as it is.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#47mogar002Posted 11/30/2012 1:34:18 PM

He actually has to have a wife for that to happen.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#48PhadinPosted 11/30/2012 1:35:17 PM
I prefer JRPGs. They generally have more cohesive stories and more strategy in the battles then WRPGs. I also like having a decent party of characters with personalities that play off each other.

WRPGs are great for allowing me to indulge in exploration, but the story is much more quest driven, and it usually focuses on a singular main character with little to no party support (and what is there is typically AI driven).

The JRPGs, at least historically, also seem to have a larger epic scope to them than WRPGs. Most WRPGs are relegated to a single kingdom, continent, or region, while JRPG's are more frequently world/global in scope. While the WRPG story may claim the threat is a world-threat, the scope of the game never really makes that apparent as it never gets outside the limited region the game takes place in.
#49DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 1:37:04 PM
ClarkyMalarky posted...
Yes, grinding in a linear game in a linear dungeon so you can beat boss A and get to town B in a linear fashion is SOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOO much better than open world exploration where you can go wherever the hell you want and do whatever the hell you want to do...

JRPGs haven't been good since FFX.

*edit* Bolded the so to denote sarcasm.

The irony...
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#50MyWifeBeatsMe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:47:06 PM

and you're one of the reasons why I even make these kind of topics. They seem to rustle your jimmies and a few other users I won't mention.