This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

#71QuetzalmaPosted 11/30/2012 3:37:17 PM
Tiael posted...
I like both, though I prefer JRPG.
#72FoxMulder21Posted 11/30/2012 3:45:05 PM
I used to love JRPGs when I was little, but all the weeaboo lolicon anime crap ruined it for me. I never knew they had such strong anime influence until modern graphics and voiceovers made it abundantly clear to me. I still have fond memories of all the old SNES and PSX rpgs, along with a few PS2 ones. But as for adult me, well I think I'll be sticking mostly with WRPGs and I'll be staying away from the creepy loli crap like Tales Of.
#73Pereb27Posted 11/30/2012 3:46:17 PM
According to the poll, JRPG > waffles > WRPG. That says a lot about the latter.
#74DemonicDracoPosted 11/30/2012 3:46:32 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
I wish your wife would actually beat you

i bet she does.
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#75peter_888Posted 11/30/2012 3:46:41 PM
FoxMulder21 posted...
I used to love JRPGs when I was little, but all the weeaboo lolicon anime crap ruined it for me. I never knew they had such strong anime influence until modern graphics and voiceovers made it abundantly clear to me. I still have fond memories of all the old SNES and PSX rpgs, along with a few PS2 ones. But as for adult me, well I think I'll be sticking mostly with WRPGs and I'll be staying away from the creepy loli crap like Tales Of.

I never really understand why people call tales of "loli".
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#76luigi13579Posted 11/30/2012 3:49:49 PM
And then after that instead of listing actual top tier WRPGs you just mention the second best from last year?

The fact that he could only list Skyrim in the WRPG camp is a huge red flag tbqh. It's like those people that bash FPSs, when they can only name the CoD games and Halo.
#77hibbijoPosted 11/30/2012 3:50:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rvM6hubs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8aiEsIW9IM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmkdoz5LjdE
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O
#78RintonPosted 11/30/2012 3:51:09 PM
I like HFRPGs better (Hawaiian Fusion Role Playing Games like Final Fantasy IX)
#79Majoras_pantsPosted 11/30/2012 3:52:09 PM
Pereb27 posted...
According to the poll, JRPG > waffles > WRPG. That says a lot about the latter.

On a board for a sony console.

Consoles ONLY had JRPGs until this gen. before that they were for PC gamers only for the most part. And now that they're on consoles, they're watered down a lot and aren't a ton better than JRPGs, besides a few great ones like Fallout New Vegas.

So yeah, there are going to be a lot of people who've really only games on consoles. And those people wont know enough about WRPGs to realize they're superior.
#80GenjiRedPosted 11/30/2012 3:52:56 PM
I'm really surprised that people like waffles better than WRPGs.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.