This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a ps3 JRPG exclusives.

#11Pereb27Posted 11/30/2012 10:23:53 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...

LMAO

To be fair, he said "most".

I honestly would recommend all the tales yet to be localized, they are a blast even if you don't understand Japanese IMO, but can't deny that you don't get the complete experience since you can't understand the story details, skits, comical content etc...
#12InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 10:24:18 AM
Pereb27 posted...
Inhorealisti posted...
Well most of these are bad:

Atelier series
Ar Tonelico Qoga
Mugen Souls
Last Rebellion
Tales Of Xillia (jp or wait us release)
Tales Of Xillia 2 (jp)
Tales Of Vesperia (jp)
Trinity Universe
Cross Edge
3D Dot Game Heroes
White Knight Chronicles 2 (has 1 in it too)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Disgaea 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 & 2

Have you played them?

Well not all of them. I have them all. Most of seen friend playing them. Bad battle system in most of them except in Tales Of games & Ar Tonelico Qoga.
#13Snipersnake111Posted 11/30/2012 10:24:58 AM
You might like the White Knight Chronicles games. If you are interested, buy 2, it comes with 1.

Also, Ni no Kuni and Tales of Xillia are just around the corner to be released early next year.
---
PSN: Snipersnake111
"Our lives are in your hands and you've got butterfingers?"
#14ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/30/2012 10:25:17 AM
Inhorealisti posted...
Pereb27 posted...
Inhorealisti posted...

Atelier series
Ar Tonelico Qoga
Mugen Souls
Last Rebellion
Tales Of Xillia 2 (jp)
Tales Of Vesperia (jp)
Trinity Universe
Cross Edge
3D Dot Game Heroes
Disgaea 3

Have you played them?

Well not all of them. I have them all. Most of seen friend playing them. Bad battle system in most of them except in Tales Of games & Ar Tonelico Qoga.

Qoga has one of the worst battle systems ever
#15InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 10:25:34 AM
Pereb27 posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

LMAO

To be fair, he said "most".

I honestly would recommend all the tales yet to be localized, they are a blast even if you don't understand Japanese IMO, but can't deny that you don't get the complete experience since you can't understand the story details, skits, comical content etc...

There are few good ones in that list. Good that you saw MOST unlike few others:P
#16InhorealistiPosted 11/30/2012 10:26:19 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Inhorealisti posted...
Pereb27 posted...
Inhorealisti posted...

Atelier series
Ar Tonelico Qoga
Mugen Souls
Last Rebellion
Tales Of Xillia 2 (jp)
Tales Of Vesperia (jp)
Trinity Universe
Cross Edge
3D Dot Game Heroes
Disgaea 3

Have you played them?

More action based always beat turn based for me.
#17DragoonGriffithPosted 11/30/2012 10:27:29 AM
Inhorealisti posted...

There are few good ones in that list. Good that you saw MOST unlike few others:P

To be fair, I did jump the gun there. That's what happens when you really like a game lol.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"
#18Pereb27Posted 11/30/2012 10:30:32 AM(edited)
Inhorealisti posted...

It wasn't horrible IMO, but very bland. I bought it for the story and the music, and now I have beaten it, the only reason I sometimes put it in my PS3 is for the sound test menu. Gameplay isn't appealing enough to keep going, although maybe I'll get to doing the other paths some time.

Inhorealisti posted...

More action based always beat turn based for me.

That is very subjective though. I also prefer real time combat, but AT2 combat felt vastly superior to ATQ's to me.
#19ExpelDiasFlacPosted 12/1/2012 9:04:20 AM(edited)
Let's see...

Ar Tonelico Qoga - Probably the most fun JRPG that you missed, not sure if you played AT 1 and 2, but 3 is just as fun. Just make sure you play it alone, it has more fan service than Record of Agarest War :P

Record of Agarest War (Zero and 2) - Pretty good JRPG trilogy, since you already played the first one I recommend the other two.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (1 and 2) - If you like anime style JRPGs then these are really fun ones. They are really easy though, and can be platinumed in a week or two.

Trinity Universe - A pretty fun dungeon crawler, get it if you liked Disgaea because it has some Disgaea characters in it. Again it's a really easy game, but really fun.

Cross Edge - Again it has Disgaea characters in it but also a bunch of other characters from other games in it (Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico, Darkstalkers...) Let me warn you though it's a pretty hard JRPG and it's kind of old and a bit outdated, but it's really fun and addicting. Looking for a challenging JRPG? This is the game for you!

Disgaea 3 - Since you played 4, why not play 3? It has the same fun/addicting combat that Disgaea 4 has.

There are others like Mugen Souls, but they censored a bunch of stuff in it so don't bother. And the Atelier games, but these games just aren't fun at all because of the stupid time limits. And Last Rebellion is horrible for many reasons...

What are you talking about? Girls removing their clothes as they power up, it's the best battle system ever! :P