This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefront 3 was 99% complete when canceled

#1zerooo0Posted 11/30/2012 4:31:48 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/battlefront-3-was-99-percent-done-when-canceled-6400833

This makes me hate LucasArts SOOOOOOO much.

Quote from the article
"[W]e went from talking to people who were passionate about making games to talking to psychopaths who insisted on having an unpleasant lawyer in the room," Doak said at the time.

Seriously further proves my distaste towards LucasArts, and I'm probably not gonna go see EP7 now.(Not that my $11 matters, when we know it'll break millions)

Gosh I hope LucasArts gets some brains soon, and we establish the game.
---
If Sony copied Smash Bros. Then Nintendo copied Sony.& MS with HD. I love all 3 companies for games.
#2SayoriaPosted 11/30/2012 4:35:44 PM
I have that beat. Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 was scheduled to come out March 10th, 2010. Day comes, they delay it a few days. Next day, Japan gets the quake. Three days later, the game is canceled. The game was done. :/

If it wasn't delayed that day, it would have seen the light of day, but jeez. :/
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#3AwayFromHerePosted 11/30/2012 4:38:20 PM
It was 99% complete, but with nothing ever shown of it? Yeah right.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:41:42 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

They where working on the game for 2yrs, and showed/leaked a PreAlpha version of the game. So it's possible that the game was 99% complete, before cancelled.
---
If Sony copied Smash Bros. Then Nintendo copied Sony.& MS with HD. I love all 3 companies for games.
#5qwertyMrJINXPosted 11/30/2012 4:53:05 PM
Meh, Pandemic wasn't making it anyways, so I'm not that interested.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#6readyaimfailPosted 11/30/2012 4:55:01 PM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/battlefront-3-was-99-percent-done-when-canceled-6400833

This makes me hate LucasArts SOOOOOOO much.

Quote from the article
"[W]e went from talking to people who were passionate about making games to talking to psychopaths who insisted on having an unpleasant lawyer in the room," Doak said at the time.

Seriously further proves my distaste towards LucasArts, and I'm probably not gonna go see EP7 now.(Not that my $11 matters, when we know it'll break millions)

Gosh I hope LucasArts gets some brains soon, and we establish the game.

;(
---
-_-
#7BlueSkies7776Posted 11/30/2012 5:48:02 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

What I was thinking.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#8Kingmichael1337Posted 11/30/2012 5:50:30 PM
Motsu posted...
I have that beat. Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 was scheduled to come out March 10th, 2010. Day comes, they delay it a few days. Next day, Japan gets the quake. Three days later, the game is canceled. The game was done. :/

If it wasn't delayed that day, it would have seen the light of day, but jeez. :/

difference is that no one cares about that game
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#9alienfreaks04Posted 11/30/2012 6:37:12 PM
I'll pay $50 for the game 99% complete.

And what's dumb is it's a much wanted game. Just finish it and rake in the money.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#10shawnmckPosted 11/30/2012 6:41:39 PM(edited)
Keep in mind that the very same Developers claim that CoD games aren't good games and are the reason the industry is going to go belly-up.
yeah, I'm so going to take them seriously....NOT !

The Devs are just a bunch of has-beens and are bitter that their time to shine is over and are making crap up to remain relevant in an industry that they can't survive in, or that doesn't want them anymore.