This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OH GOD NO. Operation Raccoon City 2!!!

#101KatonPosted 12/1/2012 11:59:29 AM
I liked the concept of the first Operation Raccoon City game, but the execution was very lackluster. Maybe this sequel will be better.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#102warrenmatsPosted 12/1/2012 12:16:50 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Funny thing is that Operation Raccoon City is more of a Resident Evil game, and applies better controls and gameplay than RE4, RE5 and RE6 COMBINED.

no
---
:D
#103FoolMeNeverPosted 12/1/2012 12:26:11 PM
AXKSION posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Can only blame gamers of today, for buying crap like this.

Yeah, games used to be better than this.

Sure, there are some few exceptions, a few great games. Unfortunately, great games these days are the exception and not the rule.

These days games are so formulaicy, so casually, so linearry, so genericy, so gimmicky, so set piecey, so cinematicy, so QTEey, so pewpewey, etc. I feel like modern video game devs are insulting my intelligence and it is offensive. They cater to new gamers, when they used to make games for gamers, like in the NES SNES PS1 age, especially. New modern games are so generic and penny a dozen.

It's funny, because you hate KoFXIII, which caters to old gamers. When you like MK, which caters to casuals.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#104XWolfOPosted 12/1/2012 12:32:14 PM
I was hoping this would never happen. Well, there goes that. Another game for my "Do not buy" list.
---
It's-a me!
#105Devilman_AmonPosted 12/1/2012 12:51:16 PM
digidevilwil posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
It also had a very high return percentage thus indicating that many did in fact not like it....

as did FF XIII

Now that RE6 came out, it'd be interesting to see the return customers for ORC sequel.

As noted, 60% of FF XIII buyers did not buy FF XIII-2...

70% of FFVII fans aka "best game of all time" fans didn't buy their **** either.

Those games didnt really reflect what was so great about FF VII anyway. Totally different type of games

You think ALL of RE ORC fans would buy an RE ORC spin off if it was a date simulation game or a turn based monopoly type game that came out 8 years from now? Something completely different gameplay wise to the original? Get real pal.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#106IChangedMyNamePosted 12/1/2012 3:10:34 PM
FoolMeNever posted...
It's funny, because you hate KoFXIII, which caters to old gamers. When you like MK, which caters to casuals.

What?! How can some one hate one of the best fighters out there?! For shame!
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#107ryan0991Posted 12/1/2012 3:30:40 PM
That's my point though. He should be modded and then eventually banned. He is severely breaking the ToS.

I know that in recent times, the rules went lax a bit and they needed to, because they were absurdly strict, and I'd get modded for the dumbest crap before.

But when you have somebody so obviously here to take the piss and not contribute in any productive or positive way, surely those people are an exception who should be annihilated from the site.

Oh well, time for walking the dog, then work sadly :-(

Funny coming from the guy that was trolling up a storm during E3.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#108HarleenzPosted 12/1/2012 3:41:09 PM
Katon posted...
I liked the concept of the first Operation Raccoon City game, but the execution was very lackluster. Maybe this sequel will be better.

Truth.

The trailers for ORC looked awesome. Game was garbage though. I'd only support the sequel if it was made by Capcom themselves and not delegated to another company.
#109riddlebox89Posted 12/1/2012 4:36:00 PM
FoolMeNever posted...
AXKSION posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Can only blame gamers of today, for buying crap like this.

Yeah, games used to be better than this.

Sure, there are some few exceptions, a few great games. Unfortunately, great games these days are the exception and not the rule.

These days games are so formulaicy, so casually, so linearry, so genericy, so gimmicky, so set piecey, so cinematicy, so QTEey, so pewpewey, etc. I feel like modern video game devs are insulting my intelligence and it is offensive. They cater to new gamers, when they used to make games for gamers, like in the NES SNES PS1 age, especially. New modern games are so generic and penny a dozen.

Just ignore him, Greer's nothing more than a hypocrite try hard troll who goes around preaching his opinion as fact and insulting anyone who disagrees with him or calls him out for being a biased turd.

Here's an example, he keeps preaching how he hates FPS "pew pew" games, yet he's bought every Call of Duty game to date.

And another one, he preaches constantly about how FFXIII is garbage, yet he's only played the first five minutes of it and watched the rest on youtube.

Just call him out for having a religious like hatred for games he hasn't actually played, the way he gets all pissy and freaks out posting a wall of text showing how he's not religious is hilarious.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#110shawnmckPosted 12/1/2012 4:50:08 PM
The link says "Possibility"...its not the same thing.

BTW
There is more of a chance that there will be a RE7.
:o