This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Walking Dead is actually pretty ****ing amazing.

#1FiendingHardPosted 12/1/2012 1:37:17 AM
I've never watched the tv show but then I heard that the game is a standalone story with its own characters and after hearing all the praise for it, I decided to jump on it. Just beat Episode 1 awhile ago and wow what an atmospheric and tense ride it is. I also really like Lee and Clementine's characters, they're someone I care about. Can't say anything about the rest of survivors yet since its obvious there's more than meets the eye.

I can definitely see why this is showing up on Game of the Year lists and nominations, its extremely well crafted even though it basically is a point and click game.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: NFS Most Wanted, The Walking Dead, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.
#2UniversquallPosted 12/1/2012 1:47:27 AM
Point and click? Pre-order cancelled
---
After the Fallout
#3CorathTheHungPosted 12/1/2012 1:53:59 AM
I think it's actually more entertaining than the show, story-wise. I've only seen through season 2. Season 1 is good, not great IMO, while S2 I thought was very slow. Other things about the show that bothers me include CG blood and gore, far shots of CG zombies(god, I hate that), as well as some of the acting.(Carl, Laurie)

Oops, anyway back to the game, It's a great game. For point and click, I thought it was very addicting. The ending is awesome too.
#4arstosPosted 12/1/2012 2:15:38 AM
yep fantastic game, i'm normally in the "video games are a bad medium for storytelling" camp, but walking dead did a damn good job.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII
#5Brocken_JrPosted 12/1/2012 2:16:30 AM
what kind of A hole calls there kid clementine anyway?
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#6BlueSkies7776Posted 12/1/2012 2:19:29 AM
CorathTheHung posted...
I think it's actually more entertaining than the show, story-wise. I've only seen through season 2. Season 1 is good, not great IMO, while S2 I thought was very slow. Other things about the show that bothers me include CG blood and gore, far shots of CG zombies(god, I hate that), as well as some of the acting.(Carl, Laurie)

Oops, anyway back to the game, It's a great game. For point and click, I thought it was very addicting. The ending is awesome too.

What I hate about drama shows is that they really try to drag and stretch out the story so they can keep it going. The end result is just a paper thin story that feels aimless.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#7howdyneighbor25Posted 12/1/2012 2:27:31 AM
Indie trah
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#8Brocken_JrPosted 12/1/2012 2:28:23 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Indie trah

if you want indie trash play some of the less then $5 xbox games, or ps minis, cause theres no way this is indie trash
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#9PabloDuganheimPosted 12/1/2012 2:29:42 AM
I totally agree! I never expected much of anything from that game, especially because of its' style and mechanics, but I freely admit that I was wrong about how much of an incredible game it is. It was a hard and vicious punch to the gut from start to finish and I cannot wait to see what season 2 has in store for us.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#10lambchipsPosted 12/1/2012 2:29:48 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Indie trah

if you want indie trash play some of the less then $5 xbox games, or ps minis, cause theres no way this is indie trash

i think you misunderstood trah...
http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trah

dont feel too bad i didnt understand either
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green