This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Walking Dead is actually pretty ****ing amazing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Walking Dead is actually pretty ****ing amazing.

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
4 years ago#1
I've never watched the tv show but then I heard that the game is a standalone story with its own characters and after hearing all the praise for it, I decided to jump on it. Just beat Episode 1 awhile ago and wow what an atmospheric and tense ride it is. I also really like Lee and Clementine's characters, they're someone I care about. Can't say anything about the rest of survivors yet since its obvious there's more than meets the eye.

I can definitely see why this is showing up on Game of the Year lists and nominations, its extremely well crafted even though it basically is a point and click game.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: NFS Most Wanted, The Walking Dead, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#2
Point and click? Pre-order cancelled
After the Fallout

User Info: CorathTheHung

CorathTheHung
4 years ago#3
I think it's actually more entertaining than the show, story-wise. I've only seen through season 2. Season 1 is good, not great IMO, while S2 I thought was very slow. Other things about the show that bothers me include CG blood and gore, far shots of CG zombies(god, I hate that), as well as some of the acting.(Carl, Laurie)

Oops, anyway back to the game, It's a great game. For point and click, I thought it was very addicting. The ending is awesome too.

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 years ago#4
yep fantastic game, i'm normally in the "video games are a bad medium for storytelling" camp, but walking dead did a damn good job.
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
4 years ago#5
what kind of A hole calls there kid clementine anyway?
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q

User Info: BlueSkies7776

BlueSkies7776
4 years ago#6
CorathTheHung posted...
I think it's actually more entertaining than the show, story-wise. I've only seen through season 2. Season 1 is good, not great IMO, while S2 I thought was very slow. Other things about the show that bothers me include CG blood and gore, far shots of CG zombies(god, I hate that), as well as some of the acting.(Carl, Laurie)

Oops, anyway back to the game, It's a great game. For point and click, I thought it was very addicting. The ending is awesome too.

What I hate about drama shows is that they really try to drag and stretch out the story so they can keep it going. The end result is just a paper thin story that feels aimless.
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)

User Info: howdyneighbor25

howdyneighbor25
4 years ago#7
Indie trah
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
4 years ago#8
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Indie trah

if you want indie trash play some of the less then $5 xbox games, or ps minis, cause theres no way this is indie trash
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q

User Info: PabloDuganheim

PabloDuganheim
4 years ago#9
I totally agree! I never expected much of anything from that game, especially because of its' style and mechanics, but I freely admit that I was wrong about how much of an incredible game it is. It was a hard and vicious punch to the gut from start to finish and I cannot wait to see what season 2 has in store for us.
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
4 years ago#10
Brocken_Jr posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Indie trah

if you want indie trash play some of the less then $5 xbox games, or ps minis, cause theres no way this is indie trash

i think you misunderstood trah...
http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trah

dont feel too bad i didnt understand either
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Walking Dead is actually pretty ****ing amazing.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived